become an editor
the entire directory
only in Physics/Thermodynamics
Science: Physics: Mathematical Physics: Statistical Mechanics
This category in other languages:
- from HyperPhysics portal. This is rather a comprehensive online physics handbook containing "Thermodynamics" chapter. Site has a handle navigation, good illustrations, and very detail content.
- Definition and short explanations of terms, units and basic principles.
Basic Terms and Theory
- from Engineers Edge. A definitions, short explanations and connection of basic thermodynamics terms.
- Calculation of metal phase diagrams using the CALPHAD method. Also offers consulting services.
Equation of State - Ideal Gas
- Features equations describing the relationship between pressure, volume and pressure in gases. From NASA.
The Expert System For Thermodynamics
- TEST is a visual environment to solve thermodynamics problems, pursue what-if scenarios and perform numerical experiments.
Fundamentals of Thermodynamics
- Lecture notes and problems from University of Pittsburg.
Ideal Gas Law
- Applet illustrating the ideal gas law : action of a piston in a pressure chamber filled with ideal gas.
Mass, Energy, and Freedom - The Coins of Thermodynamics
- The basis for thermodynamics. An introduction to the conservation of energy, states of matter and changes of state.
Properties of Heat and Matter
- Online book on Thermodynamics at UC Berkeley.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics by Frank L. Lambert
- A qualitative introduction to the second law and entropy written for beginners in chemistry but useful for physics students too. Explains relationship with Murphy's Law.
- Contains directions for making toys with thermodynamics background.
Thermodynamics & Statistical Mechanics
- Intermediate tutorial by Richard Fitzpatrick covers topics such as probability theory, heat and work, applications, and quantum statistics. From the University of Texas at Austin.
Thermodynamics and Its Applications
- Companion site to the textbook by J. W. Tester and M. Modell, includes answers to selected problems and current errata.
Thermodynamics by Professor Z. S. Spakovszky
- Basic thermodynamics course accompanied by lecture notes.
Thermodynamics Research Laboratory
- Research at the University of Illinois at Chicago is focused on nanobiotechnology, statistical mechanics and thermodynamics of complex systems and molecular based studies.
What is Thermodynamics?
- Controlling variables in energy/heat systems. Thermodynamics discussed in the context of propulsion.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 10, 2014 at 1:22:07 UTC -