become an editor
the entire directory
only in Relativity/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Gravitational Wave Observatories
Science: Physics: Mathematical Physics: Academic Departments
Science: Physics: Particle: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Physics: Research Groups and Centers
Ann Arbor Area Relativity Group
- Loose association of physicists from a variety of institutions in the Ann Arbor Area. Page contains list of participants, past talks, and links to further resources; members' research interests include black holes, singularities, quantum gravity, numerical relativity, relativistic astrophysics and mathematical relativity.
Astrophysics & Relativity Theory at Cornell
- Contains illustrated list of members and information about research projects. Research focuses on black hole simulations, plasma astrophysics, and certain types of gravitational wave sources.
Astrophysics and Relativity Group at the Racah Institute of Physics
- Relativity group at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Research interests include cosmology and general relativity; site offers information about group members and seminars.
Australian International Gravitational Research Centre
- Information about the centre's research, which focuses on gravitational waves; also includes more general information about members, events and outreach activities.
Cambridge Relativity Group
- Features links to relevant conference announcements, brief descriptions of research areas, staff list and a publications index. Research interests include quantum gravity, the physics of black holes, cosmology, and numerical relativity.
Department of General Relativity and Astrophysics at the Jagellonian University
- Relativity group in Cracow, Poland; features information about the current members of the group. Research interests include mathematical aspects of gravitational collapse and gravitational waves.
Dulkyn: Scientific Center for Gravitational-Wave Research
- Gravitational Wave Center at the Academy of Sciences of Tatarstan. Research includes the detection of gravitational waves from astrophysical sources and the observation of variations in the Earth's gravitational field. Site features project description, information about experiments, and bibliography.
General Relativity and Cosmology Group, Buenos Aires
- Information about the research activities, members and publications of the General Relativity and Cosmology Group at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Research focuses on cosmology and exact solutions of nonlinear differential equations related thereto.
General Relativity and Gravitation at FaMAF
- Information about members, publications and events from the relativity group at the Faculty of Mathematics, Astronomy and Physics of the National University of Cordoba, Argentina. Research interests include mathematical relativity and alternative theories of gravity.
Gravitation and Cosmology Group, University of Barcelona
- Includes information about members, research, and open positions.
Gravitation and Relativity Group, University of Cologne
- The group's main research interests are quantum gravity, black holes, cosmology, mathematical foundations of relativity, as well as scientific computing. Information about the group members, their research and teaching, and seminars.
Gravitational Physics Group, Vienna University
- Includes information about the group's location and members. Research is in mathematical and numerical classical relativity.
Gravitational Physics in Thessaloniki
- Information about members, research interests and publications of the relativity group at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Main research topics are the astrophysics of gravitational wave sources and related data analysis issues.
Gravity Group at the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
- Group specializes in black hole physics and quantum cosmology; page gives list of group members and external links.
Gravity Probe B at Stanford University
- Research group devoted to a satellite experiment testing specific predictions of general relativity. Includes press information and outreach resources.
Gravity Theory Group at the University of Maryland
- Includes information about the group's members, the PhD program, seminars, and available positions. Research topics include the cosmology of the early universe, numerical relativity, and quantum gravity.
Institute for Gravitational Research, University of Glasgow
- Research is focused on gravitational waves and their sources. Page includes information about group members, publications and collaborations.
Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation, University of Portsmouth
- Includes information about research areas and seminars, as well as a staff list. Research covers a wide range of topics in theoretical, observational and mathematical aspects of cosmology and astrophysics.
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)
- Institute of the Max Planck Society, located in Potsdam and Hannover. Research topics are mathematical relativity, gravitational waves, numerical relativity and quantum gravity. Includes staff and seminar list.
Pennsylvania State University: Institute for Gravitational Physics & Geometry
- Includes lists of staff, publications lists, visitor information and event announcements, as well as brief descriptions of the research undertaken, which concentrates on gravitational wave physics, quantum gravity and the physics of black holes.
Prague Relativity Group
- Contains a brief history of relativity in Prague, as well as information about members, seminars and publications.
QMUL Relativity Group
- Pages of the Cosmology, Gravitation and Relativity Group at Queen Mary, University of London, with information on the group's members, research and PhD projects. The group's focus is on various aspects of cosmology.
Relativistic Astrophysics Department at Sternberg Astronomical Institute
- Relativity group at Moscow State University. Pages give information on staff members, the group's history, and seminars. Research includes the physics of neutron stars, accretion disks, and cosmology.
Relativistic Hydrodynamics at the Max Planck Institute for Astrophysics, Munich
- Group specializes in simulation of phenomena such as supernovae, neutron stars and jets. Page includes detailed descriptions of research projects and interesting movies.
Relativity and Gravitation at the Universitat de les Illes Balears
- Research group specializing in numerical relativity, the cosmology of inhomogeneous universes, and gravitational wave astronomy. Includes information on group members, seminars, and job openings.
TAPIR Group at Caltech
- Theoretical AstroPhysics Including Relativity; includes information about group members, research topics and opportunities, seminars, and publications. Research topics include compact objects, cosmology, numerical relativity, and gravitational waves.
TUB Relativity and Quantum Group
- Relativity group at the Technical University, Berlin, with information about the group's research, group members, seminars, and publications.
Tufts Institute of Cosmology
- Information about staff, collaborations, and job openings.
UCSB Gravity Group
- Gravitational Physics research at the University of California, Santa Barbara; includes information on group members and their research interests, as well as on upcoming events. Research focuses on quantum gravity, black holes, and quantum cosmology.
UNAM Department of Gravitation and Field Theory
- Relativity group at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). Includes information about staff, research projects, publications and seminars. Research interests include black holes, cosmology, quantum gravity, and numerical relativity.
University of Utah Relativity Group
- Includes a list of members as well as information about the group's seminars and publications. Research interests include quantum gravity, black holes, and gravitational waves.
UWM Center for Gravitation and Cosmology
- Relativity group at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. Includes information on staff, events, collaborations and publications. Research interests include gravitational waves, quantum gravity, and cosmology.
WFU Gravitation and Astroparticle Physics
- Relativity and astrophysics group at Wake Forest University. Research interests include black holes, quantum field theory, and the early universe; pages give information about staff members and academic programs.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2015 at 3:02:57 UTC -