become an editor
the entire directory
only in Black_Holes/Simulations
Falling into a Black Hole
- Shows what it would be like to approach, orbit, and finally fall into a black hole; created by Andrew Hamilton (University of Colorado at Boulder).
Orbits in Strongly Curved Spacetime
- A JAVA applet which simulates the orbit of a low mass test particle orbiting a non-rotating black hole. Created by John Walker.
Step by Step into a Black Hole
- Simulated images of a gradual descent into a black hole, provided by Ute Kraus (Theoretical Astrophysics group at Tübingen University).
Virtual Trips to Black Holes and Neutron Stars
- Descriptions and MPEG movies based on general relativistic simulations of black holes: What will an observer see close to a black hole, or in the neighborhood of a neutron star? Simulations and pages created by Robert Nemiroff (Michigan Technological University).
Numerical Relativity: Towards Simulations of 3D Black Hole Coalescence
- Review article by Ed Seidel (then at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics) which discusses recent developments in numerical relativity. The main focus is the progress made in simulating the evolution of fully three-dimensional black holes. (June 23, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 22, 2013 at 23:33:59 UTC -