become an editor
the entire directory
only in Black_Holes/Education
Science: Astronomy: Education
Science: Physics: Education
Science: Physics: Relativity: Courses and Tutorials
Amazing Space Teaching Tools: Black Holes
- Resources for classroom use; from the Space Telescope Science Institute: features an online exploration, a page on myths vs. realities, and materials about astronomers' observations of the galaxy Centaurus A.
- Basic ideas of black hole physics, plus some more advanced material about astrophysical and quantum-gravity aspects; based on lectures given as part of a course "Foundations of Physics I" by Gabor Kunstatter at the University of Winnipeg in 2002.
Black Holes to Blackboards: God Divided by Zero
- Text written by a high school teacher about simple ways to teach the basic concepts of black hole physics.
Black Holes: Fact and Fiction
- Selected talks (slides and audio) from a 1999 Teachers Educational Forum on black holes at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics (UCSB); topics: black hole basics, astrophysical aspects, how to build a black hole in your classroom, and the relation with string theory.
Information and Activity Books
- From the Teacher's Corner of NASA's "Imagine the Universe!" website; includes posters, presentations and instructions for building a model of a specific kind of black hole.
Ted Bunn's Black Hole FAQ
- List of questions that explore the basic properties of black holes (such as what happens when you fall in, or how a black hole evaporates).
Universe Forum: Black Holes
- Materials about black holes from the national center for teaching and learning about the structure and evolution of the universe; sponsored by NASA and created by the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 28, 2014 at 0:27:00 UTC -