become an editor
the entire directory
only in Quantum_Field_Theory/Superstrings
Quantum Field Theory
Science: Physics: Quantum Mechanics: Quantum Field Theory: Gravitation
Science: Physics: Relativity
The Official Superstring Theory Web Site
- A comprehensive site of information for non-scientists with an interest in superstring theory.
Beyond String Theory
- An elementary introduction to the basic principles of string theory and M-theory.
Branes for Relativists
- The purpose of this manuscript is to provide a pedagogical account of the brane technology so that the relativists can use branes in their study.
The First Superstring Revolution
- An overview of basic superstring theory by John Schwarz.
Introduction to Non-Pertubative String Theory
- In this review I discuss some basic aspects of non-perturbative string theory. The topics include test of duality symmetries based on the analysis of the low energy effective action and the spectrum of BPS states, relationship between different duality symmetries, an introduction to M- and F-theories, black hole entropy in string theory, and Matrix theory.
Introduction to Superstring Theory
- These four lectures, addressed to an audience of graduate students in experimental high energy physics, survey some of the basic concepts in string theory. The purpose is to convey a general sense of what string theory is and what it has achieved.[Postscript]
Introduction to Superstring Theory
- In these lecture notes, an introduction to superstring theory is presented. Classical strings, covariant and light-cone quantization, supersymmetric strings, anomaly cancelation, compactification, T-duality, supersymmetry breaking, and threshold corrections to low-energy couplings are discussed. A brief introduction to non-perturbative duality symmetries is also included.
Lectures on String Theory in Curved Spacetimes
- Recent progress on string theory in curved spacetimes is reviewed. The string dynamics in cosmological and black hole spacetimes is investigated and the methods of solving the string equations of motion in curved spacetimes are described.
Light Cone Quantization
- These lecture notes review the foundations and some applications of light-cone quantization.[Postscript]
- The theory formerly known as strings is presented in a non-technical format.
- Site discusses string theory, m-theory, gravity, and modification to m-theory.
The Second Superstring Revolution
- A site which outlines the history and details of Superstring theory, as seen by one of its pioneers, Dr John Schwarz
String Theory at the Millennium
- A conference, January 12 - 15, 2000 organized by the theoretical physics group at Caltech.
String Theory: A Happy Marriage of Geometry and Physics
- An introductory description of this theory with references to current work being done in the Netherlands.
- Pages for the String Theory-Conference of 1997 in Amsterdam/Netherlands.
Strings 2001 Conference
- Pages for the String Theory-Conference of 2001 in Mumbai, India.
Strings 2003 Conference
- Pages for the String Theory-Conference of 2003 held in Kyoto, Japan.
The Superstring Mystery
- From the Cyclotron Notebooks.
Superstrings! String Theory Home Page
- Introduction to superstrings, M-theory, D-branes, p-branes, membranes, string theory, supergravity, supersymmetry
The Search for Extra Dimensions
- A Physics World review article about higher dimensional universes and the effects on gravity. (November 01, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 5, 2016 at 13:45:02 UTC -