become an editor
the entire directory
only in Quantum_Field_Theory/Gravitation
Quantum Field Theory
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Quantum Mechanics: Quantum Field Theory: Gravitation
Science: Physics: Quantum Mechanics: Quantum Field Theory: Superstrings
Science: Physics: Relativity
- A site maintained by Cambridge University on advances in quantum theories of gravity.
Canonical Quantum Gravity
- This is a summary of a talk delivered at the workshop, "Quantum gravity in the Southern Cone II".
Cause of gravity and an explanation of field dynamics
- An intuitive contribution to the gravity debate.
Classical and Quantum Gravity
- A journal for physicists, mathematicians and cosmologists working in the fields of gravitation and the theory of spacetime. Abstracts full text editorials, and freely available featured articles.
Cosmological applications of loop quantum gravity
- After a brief introduction to classical and quantum gravity we discuss applications of loop quantum gravity in the cosmological realm. This includes the basic formalism and recent results of loop quantum cosmology.
Gravity as an Effective Field Theory
- This is a pedagogical introduction to the treatment of general relativity as a quantum effective field theory.
How far are we from the quantum theory of gravity?
- An assessment is offered of the progress that the major approaches to quantum gravity have made towards the goal of constructing a complete and satisfactory theory. The emphasis is on loop quantum gravity and string theory, although other approaches are discussed.
How gravity works at microscopic scales
- Discusses in simple terms the problem of constructing a quantum theory of gravity.
An Introduction to Simplicial Gravity
- Contains introductory material on quantum mechanics and relativity and outlines one method of combining the two theories.
Knots and Quantum Gravity
- The book "Knots and Quantum Gravity" is the proceedings of a conference held at U.C. Riverside on May 14-16th, 1993. It is now available for free in Postscript format.
Loop quantum gravity induced modifications to particle dynamics
- The construction of effective Hamiltonians arising from Loop Quantum Gravity and incorporating Planck scale corrections to the dynamics of photons and spin 1/2 particles is summarized.
Matters of Gravity
- An online journal with articles on advances in the theories of gravity.
Neutrons reveal quantum effects of gravity
- Article at PhysicsWorld describing the first observation of quantized states of matter under the influence of gravity.
A new road to the Quantum Gravity
- This Web site explores the possibility that our universe is not an isolated system. From this hypothesis a quantum origin of the gravitation is obtained.
An Ode to Effective Lagrangian
- A brief introduction is given to the methods of effective lagrangians. The emphasis is on a summary of the overall picture, using a simple model of quantum gravity.
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
- International focal point of cutting-edge research in foundational theoretical physics.
- A brief explanation of the search for a quantum theory of gravity, including links to sites on topological field theories.
- Quantum Gravity: A road map towards the Grand Unified Theory.
Quantum Gravity - revealed by gamma ray bursts?
- An article at Astronomy Today.
Quantum Gravity and M-Theory
- A review of modern approaches to quantum gravity.
Quantum Relativity Theory of Everything
- Preliminary look at a new approach to Relativity, Cosmology and the Quantum nature of the universe.
Sir Isaac Newton: The Universal Law of Gravitation
- Provides a simple introduction to the law for which Newton is best known.
Spin Foam Models
- A review of the spin foam formulation of quantum gravity.
Strings, Loops and Others
- This postscript file includes a review of the present theoretical attempts to understand the quantum properties of spacetime.
Summary Report of the D2 Workshop
- A review of material presented at 1998 conference on quantum cosmology.
Throwing Einstein for a Loop
- A summary of loop quantum gravity. Physicist Fotini Markopoulou Kalamara discusses the connection between relativity and quantum theory.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 11, 2014 at 6:15:10 UTC -