become an editor
the entire directory
only in Quantum_Mechanics/Interpretations
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Quantum Mechanics: Interpretations
Science: Physics: Quantum Mechanics: Thought Experiments
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Science: Physics: Quantum Reality and Locality
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Science: Physics: Seeds and Escapes
- Survey of the dynamical reduction program; from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Giancarlo Ghirardi.
The Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- First interpretation of quantum mechanics due to Niels Bohr
Directing the strokes of Ockham's razor
- Skeptic (may be flippant but short) overview of the Interpretations
Discussions with Einstein on Epistemological Problems in Atomic Physics
- Report by Niels Bohr of his discussions with Albert Einstein over many years on the epistemological implications of quantum theory.
Einstein's Method: A Fresh Approach to Quantum Mechanics and Relativity
- A book adopting Socratic method to the ontological questions in quantum mechanics and relativity.
The Everett Interpretation FAQ
- A set of frequently asked questions on Everett's many worlds approach to quantum mechanics
Everett's Relative-State Formulation of Quantum Mechanics
- Describes Everett's attempt to solve the measurement problem by dropping the collapse dynamics from the standard von Neumann-Dirac theory of quantum mechanics. From the Stanford Encyclopedia.
Foundations of Quantum Mechanics
- John Bell and Bohmian QM
Heisenberg's Physics and Philosophy
- History of QM and Copenhagen Interpretation
The Kochen-Specker Theorem
- From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Carsten Held.
Mangled Worlds Quantum Mechanics
- Describes a variation on the many worlds interpretation in which the Born probability rule can be derived via finite world counting.
The Many-Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- Interpretation of quantum mechanics due to Hugh Everett according to which many universes exist in parallel at the same space and time.
Measurement in quantum mechanics FAQ
- Lucid description of existing Interpretations and their problems, accessible to general public.
Measurement in Quantum Theory
- Collapse of the wave function, role of the observer in QM; From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Henry Krips.
Quantum Dreams Page
- Papers and collections of thoughts on informational or Bayesian interpretions of quantum states by Christopher Fuchs.
- Brief exploration of issues surrounding Quantum Mechanics and reality.
Relational Quantum Mechanics
- An interpretation of quantum theory which discards the notions of absolute state of a system, absolute value of its physical quantities, or absolute event; from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Federico Laudisa and Carlo Rovelli.
The Transactional Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- Paper presenting new interpretation of the formalism of quantum mechanics.
Multiverses and Blackberries
- The overview of many world theories by Martin Gardner published by Skeptical Inquirer. (September 01, 2001)
In the Beginning was the Bit
- An article in New Scientist about ideas of Anton Zeilinger and Caslav Brukner. (February 17, 2001)
Against Many Worlds Interpretation
- A paper by A. Kent with a critical review of the literature on many-worlds interpretations. (March 31, 1997)
The Ithaca Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- A paper by N. David Mermin presenting criteria for a 'good' interpretation of quantum mechanics. (September 17, 1996)
A Survey on Bohmian Mechanics
- Bohmian mechanics is the most obvious embedding of Schrodinger's equation into a completely coherent physical theory. (April 12, 1995)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, August 13, 2012 5:15:04 AM EDT -