become an editor
the entire directory
only in Research/Laboratories
Science: Physics: Research Groups and Centers
- Researching electromagnetic theory and applications, including fusion, space and basic plasma physics experiments. Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
Auburn University Plasma Physics
- Plasma physics home page at Auburn University with links to Space Plasma Laboratory, Fusion Research laboratory, and Plasma Sciences Laboratory.
Columbia University Plasma Physics Lab
- Experimental plasma physics facility, with HBT-EP tokamak, Columbia Non-Neutral Torus (CNT), Collisionless Terrella Experiment (CTX) and Columbia Linear Machine (CLM). New York.
Complex Plasma Laboratory
- Research on complex plasma (dusty plasma, colloidal plasma, plasma crystal) at the University of Sydney.
Culham Science Center
- Focused on research towards the realization of fusion power. The Center is associated with the EURATOM/UKAEA Fusion Association and located in Oxfordshire, UK.
Electric Propulsion and Plasma Dynamics Laboratory
- Research in electric propulsion, plasma thrusters and fundamental problems in plasma physics. Princeton University.
Electron Beam Ion Trap Facility at NIST
- The electron beam ion trap (EBIT) facility at NIST uses a tightly focused and energy-tunable electron beam to create, trap, and probe highly charged ions.
Imperial College Plasma Physics Group
- University group in plasma physics research engaged both experimentally and theoretically in a number of programmes including fundamental plasma physics, acceleration of particles using plasma waves and thermonuclear fusion. London, UK.
Intense Energy Beam Laboratory, University of Michigan
- Investigates the fundamental physics and technology of interactions between beams of electrons, ions, plasma, microwaves, laser light and radio frequency radiation with plasmas, materials, structures, and biological cells.
Large Plasma Device (LAPD) Laboratory
- UCLA facility conducting basic plasma physics research on the behavior of naturally occurring plasmas, such as the auroral ionosphere, the magnetosphere, the solar wind, the solar corona, and the interstellar medium.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- National security laboratory aiming to ensure the safety, security, and reliability of the U.S. nuclear deterrent, reduce threats to national and global security, enhance energy and environmental security and strengthen the nation’s economic competitiveness.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Operated by the University of California for the US Department of Energy.
Los Alamos National Laboratory - MFE Experiments
- Magnetic fusion experimental team in the P-24 Plasma Physics Group at Los Alamos. Details of collaborations with experiments at other facilities.
Los Alamos Neutron Science Center (LANSCE)
- A pulsed spallation neutron source facility that includes the Neutron Scattering Center, the Weapons Neutron Research facility, the world's most powerful proton linear accelerator, and the proton storage ring. Los Alamos, USA.
MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center
- One of the leading university research laboratories in the physics and engineering aspects of magnetic confinement fusion and home of the Alcator C-Mod tokamak, Levitated Dipole Experiment and other plasma and fusion related research projects.
National Centre for Plasma Research Laboratory
- Multidisciplinary centre undertaking fundamental and applied plasma-related research for the benefit of both industry and society. Provides details of projects and information on news and events.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory Fusion Energy Division
- The ORNL Fusion Energy Division conducts research in plasma theory, technology and experimental collaborations.
Plasma Engineering Laboratory at Northeastern University
- The Plasma Engineering Lab focuses on the design and characterization of low-temperature plasmas and microplasmas for industrial processes and sensors.
Plasma Physics and Acoustics Laboratory
- Laboratory in the Institute of Applied Problems of Physics, National Academy of Sciences, Republic of Armenia, investigates acoustic wave influence on the plasma.
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
- United States Department of Energy facility devoted to plasma physics and controlled nuclear fusion research.
Redmond Plasma Physics Laboratory
- University of Washington facility with a field reversed configuration (FRC) experiment.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Plasma Dynamics Laboratory
- Facility devoted to research in plasma engineering and electromagnetics. Troy, New York.
University of Texas at Dallas Plasma Applications Laboratory
- Research of plasmas used in semiconductor processing. University of Texas at Dallas, USA.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 2, 2014 at 6:15:04 UTC -