the entire directory
only in Physics/Physicists
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Physicists
Science: Astronomy: Amateur: Personal Pages
Science: Math: Mathematicians: Personal Pages
Science: Physics: Employment
Science: Physics: History: People
Society: People: Personal Homepages: By Subject
This category in other languages:
- Compilation of physics authors that have published in American Institute of Physics journals.
- Professor at the University of Perugia. Many-body-theories, Hadronic Physics. Parallel computation.
Arbatsky, Dmitry A.
- Theoretical physicist. Research interests and publications. In Russian and in English.
- Professor at Ohio State, Marion. Includes physics organizations, and information on energy and recycling.
- Professor Emeritus, University of Colorado; author of the book The Essential Exponential; presenter of famous talk "Arithmetic, Population and Energy" on exponential growth and sustainability.
- Research interests are in theoretical physics. Provides expert witness and scientific information service. Teaches at the University of Essex.
- Material Science Division at the Argonne National Laboratory. My research interests (Theoretical condensed matter physics with an emphasis on electronic properties of mesoscopic and disordered systems) and resume.
Berger, Jens A.
- Information about the scientist's life and work.
- Research on physics of computation and neuroengineering.
- Professor at Swinburne University of Technology. Introduces Mathematica projects, Grassmann algebra, programming for engineers, probabilistic and robust engineering design.
- Professor at University of Texas at Austin. Interests include string theory, gauge/string duality and QCD.
- Research interests (physics: synthesis and characterization of hard carbon films on metal surfaces) and resume, University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Postdoc at the National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan. Includes a curriculum vitae, research interests, list of publications. Field of interest - Dielectric relaxation, heterogeneous catalytic reaction and Finite Element Method.
Chen, Z. Q.
- Field of research is positron annihilation. Contains personal history, publication list and recent activities.
Christov, Ivan P.
- Professor of Physics at Sofia University, Bulgaria. Includes biographical information, publications, teaching, and research interests in advanced methods for generation and amplification of ultrashort coherent pulses.
- Particle Physics PhD student, Royal Holloway, University of London. Member of the ATLAS experiment. Current research and contact info.
- Ben-Gurion University. Research interests: Quantum mechanics, Quantum chaos, Theory of driven mesoscopic (nano) systems, Quantum irreversibility, Dissipation and dephasing. Publications.
- Community of Science search engine to find home pages and contact addresses for scientists.
- Professor at Mesa College. Includes lab materials and tutorials, links to Hubble space telescope and the jet propulsion laboratory.
- PhD in Theoretical Physics and Interdisciplinary Sciences, Switzerland. Website presents CV, publications, and research projects.
De Lotto, Barbara
- Professor of Physics at the University of Udine, Italy. Provides useful information about scientific and teaching activity.
- Includes biographical details, research interests, patents and publications.
- Faculty member at the University of Oregon who engages mostly in observational astronomy. Contains many pictures of astronomical phenomenon.
- Research on computational physics, quantum physics, earth sciences and mineralogy as well as links to other physics sites.
Dudley, John M.
- Personal research pages, including CV, publications, and resources on nonlinear optics, supercontinuum generation in highly nonlinear and photonic crystal fibers.
- The research and ponderings of Andy Dunn, including his PhD thesis on tau lepton identification.
- Former Professor of Physics at the Universities of Minnesota and Hawaii. Astroparticle physics, cosmic rays, landmine remediation and consulting.
- Department head of Physics of Complex Systems, Weizmann Institute of Science. Contains research interests and publication list.
Famous Physicists and Astronomers
- Several pages containing brief biography and accomplishments.
- Research interests in physics, biophysics, biomedical engineering and medical physics. Also provides CV, publications, downloads and software.
- Relativistic astrophysicist, specialist in GRMHD and developer of the WhiskyMHD code and of the exact solution of the Riemann problem in relativistic MHD. Includes information on research, CV and biographical details.
- Physicist and material scientist, now working at MEMC Electronic Materials on silicon single crystals grown by the Czochralski method.
- Professor at Dartmouth College. Contains research, teaching, public understanding of science, and public lectures.
- Research at the Max Planck Institute studying circumplanetary dust physics, astronomical signal and image analysis.
- Professor at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. Includes contact information, courses taught, press, awards, organizations, book reviews, recent articles, and a complete list of books.
- Professor Emeritus, Kansas State University. Includes information on published books, journal and conference papers, a resume and related links.
Hudson, Stephen D.
- Graduate student in physics at the University of Western Ontario, Canada. CV, research interests, awards and publications.
- Assistant professor, Department of Bioengineering, Rice University. Contains research interests and experience, curriculum vitae and list of publications. [PDF]
- Professor at the University of Oregon interested in observational and theoretical astrophysics.
- student at Marian Smoluchowski Institute of Physics Jagiellonian University Kracow
- Assistant Professor in Acoustics (Supmeca, Paris, France). Research interests (granular material acoustics, aeroacoustics, thermoacoustics). List of publications and preprints. Description of teaching area.
- Physicist at National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Homepage containing research information and publications.
- Professor of theoretical physics, best selling author and populizer of science.
- Graduate student of particle physics. Includes a program to run renormalization group equations, chosen links to science and culture resources (includes textbooks), and a LaTeX tutorial.
- Graduate Student at Ohio University. Contains personal information, research interests in single molecule forced unbinding, and links to sites pertinent to biophysics.
- Ph.D in theoretical high energy physics. Curriculum vitae in English and French.
- Physicist at Imperial College. Contains research and professional interests, past and present.
- Professor at Portland State University. Includes research interests, publications, cv, nano-devices, and electron optics.
Krasnoholovets, Volodymyr V.
- Professor at the National Academy of Science, Kyiv. Contains description research in conventional, applied and fundamental physics. Also deals with the submicroscopic construction of nature, quantum mechanics is combined with gravity.
- A former high energy physicist turned into a medical physicist. This page contains some of the previous research as well as some other non-physics material, like pictures and links to other sites.
- Professor Emeritus at the California State Polytechnic University. Includes teaching, research, and family information.
- Assistant professor at the University of Palermo. Includes information about research and teaching activity in the field of condensed matter physics and biophysics.
Levy, Stephen L.
- Steve Levy is a member of the CDF (Collision Detector at FermiLab) collaboration and is working on problems of "top" physics and "new" physics.
Liu, Chang and Deng, Na
- Teaching assistants at Rutgers University and New Jersey Institute of Technology. Personal description, photo album, research, and favorites.
- Postdoctoral fellow at the Research Institute of Civil Engineering and Mechanics, currently researching internal erosion, granular materials and wave breaking. Includes personal information, interests, publications and links.
- Ph.D at the University of Dortmund in 2002 about the magnetic and electric ordering of hexagonal manganites.
- Research Professor at the University of Alaska. Research interests include aurora, aeronomy and atmosphere. Page contains personal information and publications.
- Associate professor, University of New Mexico. Interests include plasma physics and laser fusion, free surface hydrodynamics, nonlinear optics and optical communications, pattern formation, wave collapse and singularity formation.
- Information and links on the author's work on the subject of time and physics, cosmology and Zeno's paradoxes.
Mallinckrodt, A. John
- Professor of Physics, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Includes a number of links to course materials, simulations and presentation materials.
- Professor at Wake Forest University. Contains information on teaching, research, and personal life.
- Information about research, namely on random networks. Also presents classes online: Statistical physics, computational physics, and mechanics and relativity.
- Postdoc at Max-Planck-Institut for physics in Munich. Contains my recent works in experimental high-energy physics on OPAL, BaBar and ATLAS. Calorimetry, B-physics, tau-physics and QCD are the main topics.
- A scentist working in IPR, DAE towards research and development of fusion energy. Engaged in edge plasma phenomena for India's tokamaks.
- Research fellow Rollins College. Contains research on atomic physics, electron impact ionization, excitation and recombination, parallelization of the R-matrix codes, distorted waves method, and time dependent method.
Movahed, Hanif Bayat
- M.Sc. research regarding the relation between conformation and thermodynamics of semiflexiable hard sphere chains liquids and my PhD project about protein structural transition in the biological systems.
Movahed, Hanif Bayat
- M.S. Candidate in Physics, Guelph University, Guelph-Waterloo Physics Ins. Interested in modeling and simualtion of complex systems such as society modeling, liquid crystals, biomathematics and financial mathematics.
- Faculty member at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Includes string theory and quantum mechanics articles, classical Indian music and culture, also photos and music links.
- CV, scientific interests in the environment, Quantum computing and Bose-Einstein condensation, and publications.
- Professor at Gustavus Adolphus College. Includes contact information, research and academic interests, and personal information.
- Research in the fields of High Mass X-ray Binaries and the Magnetic Cataclysmic Variables known as Intermediate Polars
- Ph.D. in Laser Physics: P.N.Lebedev Physical Institute, Russia. Scientific interests: quantum optics, path integrals, chaotic dynamics, superluminality, solitons, quantum wells/dots, phase conjugation, stimulated scattering, microchip lasers, cold atoms.
- Graduate student in physics at UCLA. Current research involves experimental plasma physics in the UCLA Tokamak Laboratory.
- Professor at the University of Costa Rica. Curriculum vitae and recent publications focused on the properties of the nuclear forces, high energy proton collisions, and the group structure of grand unified theories.
- High school physics teacher. Includes a curriculum vitae, a diagram of deep inelastic scattering and related links.
Prysyazhnyuk, V I
- Provides details of publications and metallophysical investigations at Lviv National University, including metallic films, compounds, alloys, electrophysical properties and structure.
- Guest engineer at Fermilab, D0 experiment. Information about trigger DFE firmware.
- Professor at the Harvard University Department of Physics. Model builder and research er in the areas of extra dimensions, cosmology, string theory and Grand Unification Theory. Includes articles, media appearance schedule, and book reviews.
Redish, Edward F.
- Professor at the University of Maryland. Contains projects, classes, activities and resources.
- Computational physics PhD student at George Mason University. CV, publications, research and resources.
- Research interests include noise, phase noise, amplitude noise, frequency stability and noise, oscillator stability and noise, precision electronics and related issues.
- Researcher in the Department of Physical Chemistry, Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (Berlin, Germany). Includes research interests in the field of nonlinear dynamics.
- Researcher at the Center for Radiation. Contains information on x-ray scattering, cryptography, and contact information.
- Senior research scientist at the University of Massachusetts. Research projects include environmental monitoring, 3D terrain reconstruction, assimilating existing 3D information, and using 3D texture to improve classifier performance.
- Postdoctoral Researcher in UMass Dartmouth, Department of Chemistry. Developing quantum-mechanical perturbation theory for atomic and molecular problems. Documents, publications, pictures.
- Research interests on supersymmetry breaking, particle cosmology, grand unified theories, neutrino physics and other topics. Also CV and publications.
- Professor at the University of Alaska. Includes recent papers, and details on the GI space physics undergraduate intern program.
Soper, Davison E.
- University of Oregon; theoretical elementary particle theory.
Space Physics Group at U Washington
- Faculty, students, and staff of the space physics groups at UW
Stefan, V. Alexander
- Provides biographical details, research activities, publications, art and contributions to society.
- Professor at Toronto University. Research interests include experimental laser cooling and quantum optics. Includes curriculum vitae and publications.
- Publications and research into the dynamics of chains, ropes and cracking whips.
- Theoretical physicist working at the Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique. Includes research interests and education along with lists of references on string theory and quantum field theory, and course notes.
- Postdoctoral fellow at the Institute of Quantum Electronics at ETH, Zurich, Switzerland. Includes research interests, CV and publications.
- Graduate student at the University of Washington. Includes contact information, resume, publications and undergraduate thesis.
Tyson, Neil deGrasse
- American astrophysicist, director of the Hayden Planetarium, and popularizer of science. Includes biographical information, articles, and audio and video media.
van Bergen, Ard
- Theoretical physicist working as independent scientific consultant. Contains curriculum vitae and publication list.
- Assistant professor at the Department of Earth Sciences in Lyon. Research interests: sand ripples, sediment transport, foams, bubbles, plankton locomotion.
- Head of science, SRM institute of science. Find about solid state ionics, energy physics and answers to it.
- Letters on his views on contemporary topics in this subject.
- Professor at the University of Alaska. Includes research interests and graduate students.
- Lecturer in physics and senior undergraduate admissions tutor. Contains course notes, reference manuals and other topics associated with the author.
- Research Professor at Harvard University. Contains published papers, arsenic project, chemical carcinogens, radiation, human rights, elementary and particle physics.
- Associate professor at DTU Fotonik, Denmark. Research interests: nanophotonics, plasmonics, quantum optics, quantum information. Website includes publications, presentations, curriculum vitae and contact information.
- A member of Condensed Matter Theory group in Queens College. Interests include general questions of localization of light, polariton optics of disordered crystals and quantum heterostructures.
- Professor at Colorado School of Mines. Lists courses taught, science and religion, optics, optical communications, metrology, biography, books and publications.
Yu, Zhi Gang
- Research physicist studying spin-dependent transport in organic materials and devices, DNA and proteins, conducting polymers, and high-temperature superconductors.
- Resume of Ph.D. in Physics.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:05:03 AM EST -