become an editor
the entire directory
only in Particle/Standard_Model
Science: Physics: Quantum Mechanics: Quantum Field Theory
The Conceptual Foundations of a Unified Theory of Weak and Electromagnetic Interactions
- Nobel lecture by Steven Weinberg.
The Development of the Space-Time View of Quantum Electrodynamics
- Nobel lecture by Richard P. Feynman.
The discovery of the weak neutral currents - CERN Courier
- Dieter Haidt, from the Gargamelle collaboration, describes how the team's major triumph came about and was eventually accepted.
The evidence for massive neutrinos
- From the Super-Kamiokande experiment.
The Gauge Unification of Fundamental Forces
- Nobel lecture by Abdus Salam.
The Glashow-Iliopoulos-Maiani mechanism
- An article from Scholarpedia explaining the GIM mechanism and how it led to the discovery of the charm qaurk.
Grand Unification of the Standard Model with Quantum Gravity
- Grand unified theory of particle physics that predicted the mass of the Higgs boson, by Ashay Dharwadker.
Hadrons and Quarks, an Introduction to the theory of Mesons and Baryons
- Protons, neutrons and the other hadrons consist of quarks.Agreement between theoretical and measured masses and magnetic moments of hadrons is presented.
Higgs Boson Observed
- Publication by the ATLAS collaboration in the journal Science.
- Brief history of the Higgs Mechanism from the School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Edinburgh.
Information on the Standard Model and a Possible Difficulty
- Introduction to the Standard Model. The site also contains links to other topics such as neutrinos and electroweak-symmetry-breaking/mass-generation.
Measuring the electron's weak charge
- The measurement of the Weinberg angle at SLAC.
My Life As A Boson
- A lecture by Peter Higgs.
New Bohr Model Calculates Helium Ground State Energy Correctly
- Study by Y. Tsubono describing the motion of the two electrons of the helium atom using the classical methods based on the Bohr model and theoretically calculating the ground state energy of helium.
Particle Adventure's Standard Model
- A popularization of the physics of the standard model.
Renormalization of gauge theories: a confrontation with infinity
- Nobel lecture by Gerardus 't Hooft.
Renormalization of gauge theories: from weak interactions to gravitation
- Nobel lecture by Martinus J.G. Veltman.
The Standard Model
- Lectures at the graduate and post-graduate level providing an introduction to the basic aspects of the Standard Model. Available in postscript and PDF formats only.
The Standard Model
- A short note on the standard model of particle physics from the CERN Large Hadron Collider, where the elusive Higgs Boson was finally detected.
Standard Model - Inquiring Minds
- A discussion about the standard model from Fermilab, where the top quark was first found.
Standard Model of Particle Physics
- A brief description of the standard model from the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, where the up and down quarks were discovered for the first time.
The Theory of Electromagnetism
- Collection of original papers and essays about James Clerk Maxwell.
Towards a Unified Theory – Threads in a Tapestry
- Nobel lecture by Sheldon Glashow.
Unitary symmetry and leptonic decays
- The definition of the Cabibbo angle, by Nicola Cabibbo.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 11, 2013 at 13:37:59 UTC -