become an editor
the entire directory
only in Research_Groups_and_Centers/Accelerators
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Physics: Nuclear: Facilities
This category in other languages:
Accelerateur Groningen-ORsay - AGOR
- Provides a range of information on specifications, operating diagrams, and beams produced. Includes reports produced by the group, and related links.
- Markets and distributes software used for the design, simulation and performance analysis of particle accelerators. Includes product overviews, operating system information, and system requirements.
Argonne Wakefield Accelerator: AWA
- Features an overview and plans of the facilities including linac, elecron gun, and control system. Includes publication archives and an animation of the dielectric transformer.
- Responsible for the operation of a suite of accelerators used for experiments by Brookhaven National Laboratory. Features links to the individual accelerators with diagrams, photographs, and tours.
Cornell Electron Positron Storage Ring - CESR
- Electron-positron collider with a circumference of 768 meters. Features information on the accelerator, synchrotron, and storage ring. Includes operation methods, diagrams and MPEG clips.
- Conduct basic research and educate students in accelerator based science and technology. Features a range of data and diagrams on the K500 cyclotron facility, publications, and research.
Dortmund Electron Test Accelerator - DELTA
- Provides a range of information on the facility at the University of Dortmund. Includes data on the superconducting asymmetric wiggler and the first free electron laser experiment.
Electron Accelerator ELSA
- ELSA Electron Stretcher and Accelerator, Physics Institute, Bonn University
The Infancy of Particle Accelerators
- Features the life and work of Rolf Wideröe authored by Pedro Waloschek. Full text with illustrations in HTML format.
JP Accelerator Works Inc
- Design, develop and service linear accelerators and their associated technology. Includes an overview of products and services, links to affiliated companies, and a section on how linear accelerators work.
Lawrence and the Cyclotron
- Biography of Ernest Orland Lawrence, from the AIP Center for History of Physics which describes Lawrence's development of the cyclotron.
MAX-lab, Lund University, Sweden
- Electron accelerator laboratory for nuclear physics and synchrotron radiation research. Built around three storage rings and includes plan drawings, beamlines and machine status.
- Offers a brief history and basic descriptions of linear accelerators, cyclotrons, and synchrotrons.
Principles of Charged Particle Acceleration
- Digital version of the book by Stanley Humphries, Jr. Available for free download in zip or pdf format.
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center - SLAC
- Design, construct and operate electron accelerators and related experimental facilities for use in high-energy physics and synchrotron radiation research. Includes publications, education, and facility tours.
Tandem Van de Graaff Accelerator Facility
- Heavy ion accelerator providing a range of ion species for cosmic ray simulation, single event upset testing and ion irradiation and implantation. Includes examples of the type of work that is done at the facility.
U.S. Particle Accelerator School
- Provides educational programs in the field of beams and their associated accelerator technologies. Includes programs, curriculum, and participating Universities.
University of Maryland Electron Ring
- UMER is a world-class research facility in beam and accelerator physics at the Institute for Research in Electronics and Applied Physics. A scaled low-energy electron beam is used at a much lower cost than larger and more energetic machines.
World's Largest Particle Accelerator - CERN
- Features an aerial view and a slide show of the facilities, an interactive tour of the accelerators, and the scientists and their ideas.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 10, 2016 at 19:28:36 UTC -