become an editor
the entire directory
only in Particle/Neutrino
Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Sun
Science: Astronomy: Stars: Novae and Supernovae
Science: Earth Sciences: Geomatics: Global Positioning System
Science: Environment: Air Quality: Radon
Science: Physics: Astrophysics
Science: Physics: Particle: Astro Particle: Cosmic Rays
Science: Physics: Particle: Non Accelerator
Science: Technology: Mining
This category in other languages:
Discovery of Neutrino Mass
- Super-Kamiokande discovered neutrino oscillations which imply non-zero mass.
History of the Neutrino
- Includes explanation of neutrino physics and research.
- Job positions related to neutrino experiments.
Long Baseline Neutrino Oscillation Newsletters
- New experiment planning, approval, results, references; updated monthly.
The Neutrino Oscillation Industry
- Categorized links to experiments and theory, meetings, jobs, newsletter, and general neutrino links.
Neutrino Oscillations for Dummies
- An explanation of neutrino oscillations using words and pictures rather than math.
- A set of lectures from the Trieste Summer School on the current state of neutrino physics.
- Comprehensive lists of references on the theory of neutrino oscillations, four-neutrino mixing, sterile neutrinos and others.
Neutrinos Have Mass for Sure
- A report on the years of collected experimental evidence that neutrinos have masses.
Nobel Prize 1988
- Lederman, Schwartz and Steinberger for the discovery of the muon neutrino and for the neutrino beam method.
Nobel Prize 1995
- For the detection of the neutrino by Professor Frederick Reines; description of the discovery and background material.
Questions Relating to Neutrinos
- Introductory article about neutrinos emphasizing that there are still lots of unanswered questions about them.
- SuperNova Early Warning System; network utilizing existing detectors in coincidence to detect neutrino burst from supernova in order to provide alert to astronomers.
The Solar Neutrino Problem
- Original article by Bruce Scott, updated in 1998 by John Bahcall.
- Page by John Bahcall, expert in calculating neutrino fluxes and spectra with Standard Solar Model.
Solving the Mystery of the Missing Neutrinos
- John N. Bahcall summarizes the solar neutrino mystery and presents the solution that was found in 2003.
The Ultimate Neutrino Page
- Neutrino physics information and many links.
What is a Neutrino? From Scientific American
- Aksel L. Hallin, a physics professor at Queen's University and the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory, gives this description.
- Popular article about new developments in neutrino physics, Dallas Morning News. (May 29, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 30, 2014 at 16:05:10 UTC -