become an editor
the entire directory
only in Optics/Lasers
Laser Show Equipment
Business: Electronics and Electrical: Optoelectronics and Fiber: Lasers
This category in other languages:
Association of Industrial Laser Users (AILU)
- An independent non-profit making organisation that serves the needs and interests of the industrial laser community and helps people make the most of laser technology.
Atomic and Laser Physics, University of Amsterdam
- A high-quality page of the research, meetings and people involved with University of Amsterdam's Atomic and Laser Physics Group. Links to research documents in PDF (English).
Cambridge University Press Journals - Laser and Particle Beams
- An international journal which deals with the physics of intense laser and particle beams, the interaction of these beams with matter, and their applications. You can subscribe to the online journal or purchase specific articles.
Center for Ultrafast Optical Science
- Located at the University of Michigan. Cutting edge information on current research and development in the field of ultrafast laser technology.
Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology
- Encyclopedia for topics in laser physics, laser technology, nonlinear optics, fiber optics, quantum optics, and general optics.
How Stuff Works: Laser
- Seven-part illustrated tutorial about what a laser is, with many related links.
Industrial Laser Solutions
- Magazine covering advances in industrial laser applications including cutting, drilling, marking and welding in processes ranging from automotive and shipbuilding to semiconductors and fabric cutting.
Institute for Laser Science (ILS)
- Researches on Lasers, Atom optics, Physics of Highly Charged Ions. ILS is attached to the University of Electro-Communications in Tokyo, Japan.
It Can Be Done
- Tutorials for homebuilt laser projects including a 7 color handheld laser projector and a low cost red/green/yellow pointer.
- Laser is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. This site explains the concepts and applications.
Laser Engineering at the University of Liverpool
- Resource for laser engineering which includes: information on laser activities at Liverpool, courses in lasers, directory of laser practitioners, events, jobs, books for purchase, news, online research resources, information on Lairdside Laser Engineering Centre.
- contains information regarding laser terminology, construction and principles. There are a lot of links to laser physics sites.
Laser Focus World - Optoelectronics Technology
- Magazine of optoelectronic technologies, industrial lasers, detectors, imaging devices, fiberoptic components, and instrumentation advancements for optoelectronic professionals.
Laser Pointer Forums
- Laser discussion forum for laser enthusiasts. Members can freely discuss lasers, laser companies, read/write reviews, and post laser media.
Laser Science Research Laboratory (LSRL)
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST); research involving high power lasers and SBS-PCM (Stimulated Brillouin Scattering Phase Conjugation Mirror).
Laser Sensors and Research
- A description of research related to applications of lasers in several areas at Old Dominion University.
Laser Systems Laboratory
- Researches and develops and various Dye Lasers and Ti:Sapphire Lasers; at Novosibirsk State University.
Laser Systems Ltd.
- Laser Systems, Ltd., St. Petersburg, Russia is a developer and exporter of laser equipment. The site reports its activities and achievements in Science and research, design and engineering, information technologies and study and tests of various lasers and laser systems.
Lasers, Laser modules and Laser Accessories
- Blog with information and articles about all things laser.
National Centre for Laser Applications
- The National Centre for Laser Applications (NCLA) conducts research and development of laser materials processing. Research areas of interest include micromachining, cutting, marking, welding, and surface modification.
National Ignition Facility and Photon Science
- Project to focus the intense energy of 192 giant laser beams on a BB-sized target filled with hydrogen fuel to fuse or ignite the hydrogen atoms' nuclei, a reaction that powers the sun and stars.
- Job listings and resumes in fields of lasers, optics and photonics.
Research Works on Infrared Laser Sensing
- Devoted to research in the field of laser sensing and deals with infrared heterodyne spectroscopy, tunable semiconductor laser sources in the middle infrared and their uses in molecular detection.
WebRing: Laser, Optics and Holography
- Professional and hobbyist sites primarily about lasers and their uses.
- Broad information and facts about laser devices, their usage and their history.
Stimulated Optical Radiation in Ruby
- An essay describing the first laser ever, published in Nature magazine and written by T.H. Maiman. (August 06, 1960)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 21, 2014 at 8:45:07 UTC -