become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fusion/Organizations
Science: Physics: Research Groups and Centers
EFDA - European Fusion Development Agreement
- Describes activities, research, and facilities, with conference calendar and multi-media educational presentations.
Fusion Power Associates
- Non-profit research and educational foundation providing information on the status of fusion development.
General Atomics Fusion Group
- The Fusion Group at General Atomics. Info about DIII-D Tokamak.
Institute für Plasmaphysik
- The institute for energy research and plasma physics in Jülich, Germany, conducts a research and development program in the areas of high temperature plasma physics and thermo-nuclear fusion. As a central research facility the institute operates the TEXTOR tokamak.
Institute of Laser Engineering
- Osaka University. The institute uses a few facilites with powerful lasers to advance the laser fusion research in Japan.
ITER Fusion Research Collaboration
- ITER is an international project to design and build an experimental fusion reactor based on the "tokamak" concept.
- Japan Atomic Energy Agency's website provides information on magnetic fusion plasma research in Japan, including that for the large Japanese tokamak JT-60.
Lodestar Research Corporation
- Company specializes in plasma physics research with applications to controlled thermonuclear fusion. Located in Boulder, Colorado.
Max-Planck-Institut für Plasmaphysik
- Leading German research center concerned with investigating the physical principles underlying a nuclear fusion power plant. Materials at this website are presented in German and English.
MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center
- One of the leading university research laboratories on magnetic confinement fusion.
National Institute for Fusion Science (NIFS), Japan
- Fusion research at NIFS focuses on a stellarator concept. Major projects: Large Helical Device (LHD) and Compact Helical System (CHS).
Oak Ridge National Laboratory Fusion Energy Division
- The ORNL Fusion Energy Division carries out research in areas of magnetic fusion energy development.
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL)
- The U.S. National Laboratory dedicated to developing fusion energy science.
U.S. Fusion Energy Sciences Program
- Web page of the Office of Fusion Energy Sciences, U.S. Department of Energy.
University Fusion Association
- Organization of educational institutions focusing on plasma science and technology for the development of an environmentally attractive energy source utilizing controlled thermonuclear fusion energy.
University of Rochester - Laboratory for Laser Energetics
- Laboratory hosts powerful lasers and carries out large-scale laser research including that relevant to laser fusion.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 24, 2013 at 12:52:34 UTC -