become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fusion/Magnetic
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Nuclear: Fusion: Magnetic
- A research fusion experiment utilizing the world's highest magnetic field tokamak plasma confinement concept.
- A fusion research facility (a tokamak) of the Academy of Sciences of The Czech Republic, Institute of Plasma Physics.
- A fusion energy experiment in Padova, Italy. RFX is a toroidal device where a ring of high temperature plasma is confined by a magnetic field in the Reversed Field Pinch configuration.
Fusion Ignition Research Experiment (FIRE)
- A proposed next-step fusion experiment to study burning plasma physics based on the tokamak concept. The website provides goals, program information, and a list of publications.
Fusion Plasma Physics at KTH (Sweden)
- Plasma physics program at The Royal Institute of Technology (Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan).
- Experiment at the Columbia University Plasma Physics Laboratory to demonstrate the feasibility of a high-beta tokamak stabilized by a combination of a close-fitting conducting wall, plasma rotation, and active feedback.
- Helically Symmetric eXperiment is a university scale plasma experiment based on the large-aspect-ratio helically-symmetric stellarator approach. University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA.
- A proposed next-step fusion experiment to study burning plasma physics in a relatively small device.
- Tokamak plasma research experiment based at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), Portugal. Website includes tokamak description, photos, objectives, and physics program.
- A proposed international experimental fusion reactor based on the tokamak concept. ITER's mission is to demonstrate the scientific and technological feasibility of fusion energy for peaceful purposes.
- Japan Atomic Energy Agency's website provides information on magnetic fusion plasma research in Japan, including that for the large Japanese tokamak JT-60.
Joint European Torus (JET)
- The world's largest magnetic confinement fusion experiment. News, fusion basics, and scientific information. Culham, United Kingdom.
- Korean superconducting tokamak advanced research project is a superconducting tokamak facility for controlled fusion research. First plasma was obtained in 2008. One of the main goals is long-pulse non-inductive plasma heating and current drive.
Large Helical Device (LHD)
- The largest current fusion experiment based on the stellarator concept. Located at NIFS, Japan. The mission of the LHD project is to develop a scientific basis for stellarator fusion reactor. An important feature in the LHD design is a high magnetic field of 3-4 Tesla produced by superconducting magnets.
Levitated Dipole Experiment
- Device to explore the physics of plasma confinement in a magnetic dipole field.
Magnetic Confinement Fusion
- Article from Wikipedia on the generation of energy using magnetic fields to confine the fusion fuel in the form of a plasma.
- Mega Amp Spherical Tokamak experiment at Culham, UK, with information on MAST research, its history and planned upgrades, as well as links to other fusion research experiments in Europe.
PEGASUS Toroidal Experiment
- Extremely low-aspect-ratio tokamak experiment at the Department of Engineering Physics, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- A project to explore the quasi-poloidal approach to compact stellarators. Project reports and reviews.
- Describes the concept and its development.
- The spheromak is a toroidal magnetic confinement concept where no toroidal magnetic field coils link the torus. The magnetic field is generated primarily by plasma currents.
The SST-1 Tokamak
- Steady State Superconducting Tokamak at the Institute for Plasma Research, Gugarat, India, has an objective of a steady-state operation via the RF and NBI plasma heating and current drive.
- An international newsletter containing online publications on stellarators and links to some other stellarator web pages.
- Star Thrust Experiment at the University of Washington is an FRC (field reversed configuration) plasma startup experiment via application of a rotating magnetic field.
- The translation, confinement and sustainment FRC (field reversed configuration) experiment at the University of Washington.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2014 at 8:15:05 UTC -