become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nuclear/Facilities
Science: Physics: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
Argonne National Laboratory (ANL)
- Conducts research in four broad categories: basic science, scientific facilities, energy resources, and environmental management, with programs ranging from studies of the atomic nucleus to global climate change research.
- European Laboratory for Particle Physics. Includes an introduction of the laboratory, information on experiments being conducted, publication archives, photos and press releases.
Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung mbH, Darmstadt, Germany
- GSI is a heavy ion research center. The laboratory performs basic and applied research in physics and related natural science disciplines using a heavy ion accelerator facility.
Holifield Radioactive Ion Beam Facility
- Devoted to low-energy nuclear structure and astrophysics research. Radioactive ions are produced by the K=105 Oak Ridge Isochronous Cyclotron (ORIC). The radioactive elements are injected into the 25 MV Tandem Accelerator producing beams of 0.1-10 MeV per nucleon for light nuclei and up to 5 MeV per nucleon for mass 80. These beams are ideal for research in nuclear astrophysics and nuclear structure.
Joint Institute for Nuclear Astrophysics
- Physics Frontiers Center provides data and opportunities for research and education at the interface or nuclear physics and astrophysics
KFKI Research Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics
- A division of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. Information on organisation, activities, publications, prizes and conferences.
National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory
- National user facility located at Michigan State University, operating two coupled cyclotrons for basic research in nuclear science as well as accelerator and instrumentation research and development.
Oak Ridge Electron Linear Accelerator Pulsed Neutron Source
- The ORELA is a powerful electron accelerator-based neutron source located in the Physics Division of Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Spallation Neutron Source
- The Spallation Neutron Source (SNS) will provide the most intense pulsed neutron beams in the world for scientific research and industrial development.
Tokyo Institute of Technology: Research Laboratory for Nuclear Reactors
- Describes the research being undertaken which includes nuclear fission and fusion.
United States Geological Survey TRIGA Nuclear Reactor
- A research reactor for the USGS. Assists in elemental composition determination of rock samples by neutron activation analysis.
Wright Nuclear Structure Laboratory, Yale University
- DOE-funded accelerator laboratory for Nuclear Physics research.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 27, 2015 at 6:24:06 UTC -