the entire directory
only in Physics/Mathematical_Physics
Calculus of Variations
Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics
Topological Quantum Field Theory
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Math: Applications
Science: Math: Topology
This category in other languages:
(UK) North British Mathematical Physics Seminar
- Four seminars are held in rotation every year.
Complex Geometry of Nature and General Relativity
- A paper by Giampiero Esposito attempting to give a self-contained introduction to holomorphic ideas in general relativity. The main topics are complex manifolds, spinor and twistor methods, heaven spaces.
Differential Equations and Oscillations
- Many problems in physics are described by differential equations. As a complete discussion of differential equations is beyond the scope of this chapter we will deal only with linear first and second order ordinary differential equations.
- A simple review of the powerful technique of dimensional analysis.
Doing Physics with Quaternions
- A research effort to see how much of standard physics can be done using only quaternions, a 4-dimensional division algebra.
Euclidean Geometric Transforms for Physics
- A new method of correlating physics formulas to derive one formula from a related formula using Euclidean geometry to represent the inter-relationship of physics formulas.
Five Lectures on Soliton Equations
- A self-contained review by Edward Frenkel of a new approach to soliton equations of KdV type.
Geometry and Duality
- Lecture notes from the ITP miniprogram on Geometry and Duality
Holomorphic Methods in Mathematical Physics
- This set of lecture notes by Brian C. Hall gives an introduction to holomorphic function spaces as used in mathematical physics. The emphasis is on the Segal-Bargmann space and the canonical commutation relations.
Homological Methods in Mathematical Physics
- These lecture notes by Joseph Krasil'shchik and Alexander Verbovetsky are a systematic and self-contained exposition of the cohomological theories naturally related to partial differential equations.
Inexplicable Secrets of Creation
- Relationships between number theory and physics.
An Introduction to Noncommutative Geometry
- A set of lecture notes by Joseph C. Varilly on noncommutative geometry and its applications in physics.
Lectures on Orientifolds and Duality
- Notes by Atish Dabholkar on orientifolds emphasizing applications to duality.
Local Quantum Physics Crossroads
- An international forum for information exchange among scientists working on mathematical, conceptual, and constructive problems in local relativistic quantum physics (LQP).
- Numerical codes are provided for a variety of problems. From the University of Puerto Rico at Humacao.
On Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Truth and Reality
- How mathematics exists in the universe and is related to physical reality.
On the Origins of Twister Theory
- A new approach pioneered by Roger Penrose, starting with conformally-invariant concepts, to the synthesis of quantum theory and relativity.
Open Problems in Mathematics and Physics
- Links to open problems in mathematics, physics and other subjects.
Period and Energy in One Degree of Freedom Systems
- An article by Jorge Rezende, University of Lisbon. [PDF]
Recent Developments in Skyrme Models
- An introduction by T. Gisiger and M.B. Paranjape to recent, more mathematical developments in the Skyrme model. The aim is to render these advances accessible to mainstream nuclear and particle physicists.
- Resources at Heriot-Watt University. Meetings, local and other links.
Symplectic Geometries in Quantum Physics and Optics
- A comparison of symplectic geometry with Euclidean or unitary geometries in quantum physics and optics
This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics
- This is a column written about modern topics in mathematical physics.
Topology and Physics
- An essay by C. Nash on the historical connection between topology and physics.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2016 at 11:24:06 UTC -