become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/People
Leonardo da Vinci
Ørsted, Hans Christian
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Scientists
Science: Math: Mathematicians
Science: Physics: Physicists
Society: History: By Topic: Science: People
This category in other languages:
Andrei Nikolaevich Kolmogorov
- Very famous Russian physicist and mathematician of the twentieth century.
Cornelius Lanczos Collection
- Site announces the availability of the Cornelius Lanczos Collected Published Papers with commentaries. Lanczos (1893-1974) was one of the twentieth century's most versatile and innovative physicists and mathematicians. His papers cover an array of disciplines including general relativity, quantum mechanics, scientific computation, applied mathematics and numerical analysis.
- Article from wikipedia on this American physicist and string theorist who, along with Frank Wilczek and David Politzer, was awarded the 2004 Nobel Prize in Physics for his discovery of asymptotic freedom.
- Includes biography and related resources.
- Biographical details of this British mathematician and physicist.
Lawrence and the Cyclotron
- Biography of Ernest Orland Lawrence, from the AIP Center for History of Physics which describes Lawrence's development of the cyclotron.
Lectures on Aristotle, Galileo, Newton, and Einstein
- Full lecture notes from an introductory course taught at U of Virginia.
- An overview of the life and work of Ludwig Boltzmann
Moritz Immisch 1838-1903
- Victorian inventor, electrical engineer, pioneer and manufacturer, particularly remembered for his famous Immisch Electric Motor.
Physicists on Stamps
- Scanned images of stamps from around the world. Donated scans are welcome.
- Biography of this famous Polish physicist.
Winners of the Nobel Prize in Physics
- A comprehensive list of Nobel Prize Laureates in physics, at the Nobel Prize Internet Archive.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2015 at 10:44:18 UTC -