become an editor
the entire directory
only in Electromagnetism/Magnetic_Levitation
Science: Physics: Education
The Frog That Learned to Fly
- Information on diamagnetic levitation from the High Field Magnet Laboratory at Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen.
Maglev and Other Research of Dr. Marc T. Thompson
- Research interests of Marc T. Thompson, Ph.D., system design consultant and Professor of Electrical Engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- News about maglev trains and magnetic levitation technology, information on proposed projects. Basic facts, images and videos about maglev trains.
- Links to systems currently operational or under development.
Magnet Science Experiments
- A simple how-to for creating your own diamagnetic levitation experiments, complete with demonstration images and thorough explanations.
- Magnetic levitation research at the University of Nottingham, England.
Magnetic Levitation - Science is Fun
- Magnetic levitation information, photos and links. Includes the article "What is a magnetic field?".
Magnetic Levitation Links and Experiments by Bill Beaty
- Part of Bill Beaty's extensive science site.
Revolve Magnetic Bearings, Inc.
- Design, development, manufacture and implementation of magnetic bearings. The company provides solutions where other bearings fail.
Shanghai's Maglev: The World's Fastest Train
- The future is here, in Shanghai, where the world's first maglev is up and running, reports Ron Gluckman.
- Magnetic suspensions and power electronics design.
- Discussion group and news archive for those interested in low speed maglev ("urban maglev"), quiet trains designed for urban transit, with top service speeds usually under about 100mph.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 3, 2012 at 6:05:03 UTC -