become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Research
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Education: Research
Reference: Education: Methods and Theories: Learning Theories
C3P--Comprehensive Conceptual Curriculum for Physics
- C3P is a curriculum project designed to implement research from physics education into high school physics courses and is supported by an NSF grant. The offices of C3P are located at the University of Dallas. Project is run by Richard Olenick.
Center For Science and Mathematics Teaching
- Develops curricula, activities, and computer tools which allow students to participate actively in their own learning and to construct scientific knowledge for themselves. Using these materials the students learn directly from the physical world.
The Constructing Ideas in Physical Science (CIPS) Project
- An inquiry-based, year long physical science course that engages middle school students in constructing meaningful understanding of important physical science concepts. Extensive hands-on experiences will be complemented by powerful and innovative computer software. The course consists of six units.
The CPU Project
- The Constructing Physics Understanding in a Computer-Supported Learning Environment Project (or the CPU Project) is aimed at creating laboratory and computer-based materials to support a learning environment where students take primary responsibility for developing valid and robust knowledge in physics.
Dave's Physics Education Page
- Talks, papers and favorite quotes and links of Ohio State Professor Dave Van Domelen.
Department of Science Teaching at te Wiezmann Institute of Science in Israel
- Carries out research and development projects aimed at producing improved and up-to-date learning materials that integrate the use of modern technologies.
Innovative Teaching Techniques and US-Developed Materials
- Canadian students do not find physics teaching materials developed for and tested on American students to be particularly challenging. [PDF]
Journal of Physics Teacher Education Online
- Dedicated to investigating and documenting significant issues and challenges in the education of physics teacher candidates. With a focus on the scholarship of teaching, the journal seeks to generate discussion and promulgate sustainable, long-term changes in educational research, policy and practice.
Kinematics Graph Interpretation Project
- Investigates the ability of students to interpret kinematics graphs, and generates a set of suggestions for faculty teaching the subject.
KSU Physics Education Research Group
- Kansas State University has one of the oldest active physics education research programs in the US. The Physics Education Group investigates how students learn and understand physics and develops ways to improve the learning and teaching of physics. Program is headed by Dean Zollman.
Monash University Centre for Science, Mathematics and Technology Education
- Physics education projects are primarily concerned with the teaching and learning of physics at the tertiary, secondary (Years 7-12) and primary levels (Years K-6).
NCSU Physics Education Research (PER)
- PER department within North Carolina State University. Provides links for further information on the subject.
NCSU Physics Education Research Group
- Projects, publications, people, and related links.
Ohio State University Physics Education Research Group
- Tools, people, projects, grants, seminars, and links.
Papers in Physics Education Research: 2000
- List includes papers that may be of interest to researchers in physics education and to physics teachers interested in making their classrooms more effective. Papers have been selected that focus on high school or college level physics teaching, though they may occasionally be papers describing work with younger students if they seem relevant. This list includes papers published with calendar dates of 2000.
PER@C: Physics Education Research at University of Colorado
- Information for prospective graduate students in PER, a description of research, information about group members, papers, a description of the physics education reforms being implemented at CU, a page specifically for graduate TA's, and links to other education groups.
PERC 2000: Teacher Education.
- Physics Education Research Conference held in tandem with the 2000 summer meeting of the American Association of Physics Teachers at the University of Guelph. August 2-3, 2000.
Physics Education Research at Illinois
- Physics Education Research Group at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Physics Education Research, Texas Tech University
- Courses, curriculum, projects, outreach, papers and contact information.
Scientific Reasoning Research Institute (SRRI)
- An interdisciplinary research organization devoted to the study of learning and instruction in the sciences and mathematics. Researchers perform cognitive research and apply it to the development of curricula to teach science and mathematics concepts and problem solving skills. SRRI is located at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
Socratic Dialogue Inducing (SDI) Labs
- Guided construction labs featuring hands-and-heads-on experiments in introductory mechanics. Their effectiveness in promoting student crossover to the Newtonian World has been demonstrated by rigorous pre-post testing. SDI is an outgrowth of Richard Hake's research at Indiana U, Bloomington.
UMass Physics Education Research Group (UMPERG)
- PER at University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Provides perspectives on pedagogy, educational research results, applications to teaching, and curriculum materials.
University of Cape Town Physics Education Research Group
- Contact information and recent publications.
University of Maine Physics Education Research Laboratory (PERL)
- Researches how students learn physics, models of human reasoning, teacher training and development, and curriculum development and dissemination.
University of Maryland Physics Education Research Group
- A combined effort of the Physics Department and School of Education. Studies the learning and teaching of physics at the high school and university level. Graduate degrees may be earned in physics or in education.
University of Minnesota Physics Education Research Group
- Provides links to U of Minnesota PER research as well as to other PER groups, organizations, and persons of note.
University of Washington Physics Education Research Group
- PER at U of Washington
VideoGraph Development Project
- Describes an NSF-sponsored project with a central task to develop improved instructional materials for introductory physics instruction which take advantage of state-of-the-art technology. Links to a 22-page pdf-format paper submitted to the AJP, "American Journal of Physics: Impact of Video Motion Analysis on Kinematics Graph Interpretation Skills."
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 28, 2014 at 0:46:32 UTC -