become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Outreach_and_Entertainment
Outreach and Entertainment
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Education: Outreach and Entertainment
Science: Physics: Education: Demonstrations
- Organized by the University of Wisconsin. Includes information about the program, including shows, videotapes and demonstration software, as well as a lecture kit. Also contains links to other sites.
Blake Lilly Prize from AIP
- Whenever you or your SPS chapter "take physics on the road," you are already eligible for the Blake Lilly Prize. The Blake Lilly Prize is an opportunity to be publicly recognized for your physics outreach efforts.
Cavendish Laboratory: Educational Outreach
- Lectures, seminars, conferences, resources and other educational events at the home of Cambridge University's Physics Department.
- In the three short years since that remarkable June evening in 1996 when Dr. MegaVolt emerged from the laboratory of Dr. Austin Richards and struck the consciousness of a shocked public, he has received thunderous applause from electrified audiences.
- Home of the physics outreach program for Northern Illinois University. Information on the Frontier Physics Road Show, annual High School Events and several other themed programs.
Little Shop of Physics
- Science experiments that can be done at home; resources for teachers; and information about the Little Shop of Physics, an outreach program of the Colorado State University Physics Department.
National Ocean Sciences Bowl
- An academic competition for high school students that focuses on ocean-related topics. Every year around the nation, students compete in regional tournaments hosted by research institutions, aquaria and federal laboratories that are involved in oceanographic and aquatic research and education. By winning their regional competitions, these teams qualify to participate in the national competition.
Outreach Program in the SDSU Physics Department
- Describes the program, its goals and some of the results.
Physics and Astronomy Communication and Outreach
- Programs, events, centers, photos and purpose.
Physics Circus at UCSB
- A group of enthusiastic UCSB Physics Department graduate and undergraduate students take a collection of demonstration experiments on the road to local schools and present an action-packed learning experience.
Physics Olympics at the University of Maryland
- An annual contest held in the spring at the U of Maryland campus. Here are the rules, scores, and pictures from previous events.
Physics Outreach at Florida State University
- The FSU Physics Department offers a number of on-campus and travelling programs of interest to scientists-to-be of all ages.
The Physics Van
- Part of an outreach program at the University of Illinois Physics Department.
- Songs, and links to sites with more of them.
- Developed and implemented to create an interactive means of sharing science. Another primary motive of this site was to bridge the gap between elementary schools and the high school through interactive activities. If attempted it can become a practical method to enhance collaborative activities throughout the school community.
WIU Department of Physics Resource Site for Science Educators
- Includes information on programs offered for educators and students in both this university and other institutions, and information on related conferences.
NPR : Singing in the Key of Science
- NPR science correspondent Joe Palca talks with a physics professor who serenades his students with ditties about E=mc^2 and the like. Professor Walter Smith at Haverford College often plays songs on his ukulele to teach complex concepts. [5:27 streaming audio broadcast] (March 20, 2005)
Outreach and Entertainment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:49:24 AM EDT -