become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Mechanics
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Education: Mechanics
Science: Physics: Classical Mechanics: Courses
Amusement Park Physics
- Explores how the laws of physics play a role in the design of amusement park rides. Activities invite visitors to design a roller coaster and determine the outcomes of bumper car collisions. Links to related sites are provided.
How Stuff Works: Force, Power, Torque and Energy
- Animations for explaining the concepts of force, power, torque, and energy.
Longitudinal and Transverse Wave Motion
- Explanations with animations.
Matter and Materials - Fluid Mechanics
- A lesson outline on the topic of fluids. Looks at topics such as viscosity, buoyancy, density, volume and how hydraulics and pneumatics plays an important role.
Motion and Force
- Various aspects of mechanics are explored allowing the user to change variables to learn the concepts
Physics on the Playground
- Playgrounds are a place to observe physical forces, such as gravity, momentum, and friction. This set of exercises invites students outdoors to take a closer look.
- The techniques and equipment skateboarders use to seemingly bend the law of gravity. In the trickscience section, the site explains the physics behind the stunts, and several experiments to try at home. The equipment section offers an in-depth look at skateboard design.
Teaching Dynamics with Excel97
- The material presented here is designed to be directly useful to a teacher or student in a more traditional high school or beginning university physics course on mechanics. There are profuse instructions, and some prewritten spreadsheets are available as well.
The Hydrodynamic Propulsion Rocket
- Water-propulsion rocket and launch pad described, analyzed and explained and then tested.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, June 7, 2009 9:19:41 PM EDT -