become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Light_and_Optics
Light and Optics
Science: Methods and Techniques: Microscopy
Science: Physics: Optics
- Offers lessons and activities for infrared light. Also, includes has online tutorials, games and graphic galleries that related to this topic.
- Introduction to the transmission of data through the use of light, provided by Physics Planet.
- Prominent lines in the spectrum of the sun are shown, together with their corresponding wavelengths.
How Stuff Works: Light
- Seven-segment detailed explanation uses drawings and animations to show how light works and how photons are generated, with many related links.
Line Moiré Superposition Patterns
- The basics of line moiré patterns and optical speedup, by Emin Gabrielyan.
- A book and a downloadable moire demonstration kit for printing on transparencies.
Moiré Pointer for Measurement Instruments
- Fast optical moiré indicator replacing a mechanical needle, research paper by Emin Gabrielyan.
Molecular Expressions: Images from the Microscope
- Features hundreds of photomicrographs (photographs through the microscope) of everything from superconductors and high-tech materials to ice cream and beer. Also includes tutorials about microscopy and optics.
Oatmeal Box Pinhole Photography
- Photo gallery plus directions to make a pinhole camera, take pictures and develop them. Also, links to other pinhole camera sites.
Optical Fibres Project
- How optical fibers work, and information on reflection, refraction, Snell's Law, total internal reflection and critical angles.
Optics Exercises and Tutorial
- (Univ of Florida). A sample electronic lecture or worksheet.
Optics for Kids
- An overview of the basics of optics suitable for elementary school children. Also discusses careers in science and engineering.
- Fascinating facts about polarized light, from rainbows to beetles, from Viking navigation to LCD displays. Myths and truth about polarized sunglasses. Also a shop with polarized-only items.
Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Learn about the scanning electron microscope and its uses.
Tux Teaches Photonics
- A collection of information, lessons and quizzes about photonics, taught by Tux.
- A 3D interactive computer graphics system that instructors can use to help teach optics, and that students can use to simulate and visualize optical phenomena to help them learn about optics.
Usenet sci.optics -
Light and Optics
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 20, 2014 at 8:54:02 UTC -