become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Interactive_Animations
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Applets
Computers: Software: Educational: Science
Science: Math: Education: Java Applets
Science: Physics: Software: Educational
BlackBody Spectrum Applet
- Shows the relation between wavelength, emitted power, and peak wavelength for a blackbody (Planck's function).
Build a Solar System
- A table to help build or draw a scale model of the solar system. Specify the size of the sun and the sizes of and distances between various objects are calculated.
Compressing A One-Atom Gas
- Shows velocity change of a particle when a piston compresses and expands a narrow cylinder.
Contemporary College Physics Simulation Library
- A large collection of java applets demonstrating basic to modern physics topics.
Davidson Physlet Problems
- Physics applets plus the source code. Links to other applet sites and authors are here as well.
Galileo and Einstein
- Michael Fowler's physics lectures from the University of Virginia. Includes a collection of physics simulations in JAVA and Flash.
Generalized Physics Applets
- Several categories from which to choose.
- Applet demonstrates Kepler's law.
How To Teach Statistical Thermal Physics In An Introductory Physics Course
- Several simulation applets which can be used to teach the statistical foundations of thermal physics in introductory college physics courses. Download applets for free.
Interactive Color Wheel
- The SIH wheel is a Java applet that allows a person to view relationships between color (saturation, intensity, and hue) and luma.
Interactive Physics and Math with Java
- A set of more than 20 scientifically accurate educational applets which mostly cover the course of Introductory Physics or material close to it. This site is mirrored a number of places on the net.
Java Applets for Engineering Education
- Statics, dynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Simulates the motion of planets moving under gravity. It comes with a number of initial "scenarios." Can also add more planets during a simulation.
Nori's Physics Page
- Java applets and Quicktime movies of physics simulations such as solar system, ideal gas, wave interference, and the Doppler effect.
NTNU Virtual Physics Laboratory
- Offers several applets for various areas of physics.
PBS.org - Transistorized! Web Site Interactives
- Features two interactive games related to the development of transitors. The object of the Periodic Puzzle is to line up tiles to match a section of the periodic table of the elements. The Wafer Maker is a fast-paced game where the user grows silicon crystals to make transistors.
- An interactive journey through modern physics. Have fun learning visually and conceptually about 20th century science and high-tech devices. Uses java applets.
Physics Flash Animations
- Animations sorted by category, and the file size of each animation is included in the listing.
Powers of 10 - Interactive Java Tutorial
- Start 10 million light-years from the Milky Way galaxy and wind up face to face with a proton in Florida.
- Wave machine with various parameters, with explanatory text.
Ripple Tank Applet
- Two wave sources in a ripple tank. You set the variables and watch it run.
Syracuse Physics Educational Modules and Simulations
- A good sampling of ways that science and computing are becoming interactive.
UCI Chemistry - Applets
- Educational applets covering irreversibility, chemical kinetics, the second law of thermodynamics, ideal atmosphere, particle in a box (quantum mechanics) and a monte carlo simulation.
Universal Nuclide Calculator
- Allows the simulation of the radioactive decay.
- Intended to give students a "feel" for vectors in two dimensions. Specifically, it covers components, magnitude and direction, and vector addition.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 29, 2014 at 15:54:07 UTC -