become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Interactive_Animations
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Education: Interactive Animations
Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Applets
Computers: Software: Educational: Science
Science: Math: Education: Java Applets
Science: Physics: Software: Educational
BlackBody Spectrum Applet
- Shows the relation between wavelength, emitted power, and peak wavelength for a blackbody (Planck's function).
Build a Solar System
- A table to help build or draw a scale model of the solar system. Specify the size of the sun and the sizes of and distances between various objects are calculated.
Compressing A One-Atom Gas
- Shows velocity change of a particle when a piston compresses and expands a narrow cylinder.
Contemporary College Physics Simulation Library
- A large collection of java applets demonstrating basic to modern physics topics.
Davidson Physlet Problems
- Physics applets plus the source code. Links to other applet sites and authors are here as well.
Galileo and Einstein
- Michael Fowler's physics lectures from the University of Virginia. Includes a collection of physics simulations in JAVA and Flash.
Generalized Physics Applets
- Several categories from which to choose.
- Applet demonstrates Kepler's law.
How To Teach Statistical Thermal Physics In An Introductory Physics Course
- Several simulation applets which can be used to teach the statistical foundations of thermal physics in introductory college physics courses. Download applets for free.
Interactive Color Wheel
- The SIH wheel is a Java applet that allows a person to view relationships between color (saturation, intensity, and hue) and luma.
Interactive Physics and Math with Java
- A set of more than 20 scientifically accurate educational applets which mostly cover the course of Introductory Physics or material close to it. This site is mirrored a number of places on the net.
- Simulates the motion of planets moving under gravity. It comes with a number of initial "scenarios." Can also add more planets during a simulation.
Java Applets for Engineering Education
- Statics, dynamics and fluid dynamics.
NTNU Virtual Physics Laboratory
- Offers several applets for various areas of physics.
Nori's Physics Page
- Java applets and Quicktime movies of physics simulations such as solar system, ideal gas, wave interference, and the Doppler effect.
PBS.org - Transistorized! Web Site Interactives
- Features two interactive games related to the development of transitors. The object of the Periodic Puzzle is to line up tiles to match a section of the periodic table of the elements. The Wafer Maker is a fast-paced game where the user grows silicon crystals to make transistors.
- An interactive journey through modern physics. Have fun learning visually and conceptually about 20th century science and high-tech devices. Uses java applets.
Physics Flash Animations
- Animations sorted by category, and the file size of each animation is included in the listing.
Powers of 10 - Interactive Java Tutorial
- Start 10 million light-years from the Milky Way galaxy and wind up face to face with a proton in Florida.
Real Time 3D Physics Simulator Applet
- Demonstrates many aspects of Newtonian physics.
- Wave machine with various parameters, with explanatory text.
Ripple Tank Applet
- Two wave sources in a ripple tank. You set the variables and watch it run.
Syracuse Physics Educational Modules and Simulations
- A good sampling of ways that science and computing are becoming interactive.
The Physics of Pole Vaulting
- Using very simple physics principles, this program estimates how high you could theoretically vault based on how tall you are and how fast you can run, assuming you had the proper training and optimal efficiency.
The Pendulum Lab
- Examine the dynamics of rigid pendula. Includes explanatory text.
Universal Nuclide Calculator
- Allows the simulation of the radioactive decay.
- Intended to give students a "feel" for vectors in two dimensions. Specifically, it covers components, magnitude and direction, and vector addition.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 7, 2010 11:35:09 PM EDT -