become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Demonstrations
Outreach and Entertainment
Health: Occupational Health and Safety: MSDS
Science: Educational Resources: Experiments
Science: Physics: Education: Lesson Plans
Science: Technology: Electronics: Reference: Circuit Archives
Science: Technology: Electronics: Tutorials
Apparatus Competition, American Association of Physics Teachers, 1999
- Entries and winners, San Antonio, Texas, August 4, 1999
The Cathode Ray Tube Site
- Images and history of old technical glassware and physical instruments, many of which are used for demonstrations in courses worldwide.
Donald Simanek, Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania, Physics Lecture Demonstrations
- Lecture demonstrations for physics courses, compiled and annotated by Dr Donald Simanek. Reads like a storybook.
Dramatic Physics Demonstrations
- Physics demonstrations for classroom use. Covers Newton's Laws, Air pressure, heat and other areas. Contains instructions for making many of the demos.
- Construction details and history, with pictures and directions for a wide variety of generators.
Firewalking Myth vs Physics
- Information on firewalking from people who firewalk. Background on firewalking and data on modern walks. Information for putting on your own.
Industrial Electrostatics Demonstrations
- The project described at this web page was undertaken to develop a set of demonstrations having clear relevance to manufacturing and commercial operations. Some of these demonstrations should also serve to augment the science teacher's or hobbyist's bag of tricks by making it easier to reinforce the relationship between basic principles and practical situations.
Julien Clinton Sprott, University of Wisconsin - Madison, Physics Demonstrations, A Sourcebook for Teachers of Physics
- Physics demonstrations, descriptions, discussions of the physics, and hazards to avoid. Groupings are light, magnetism, electricity, sound, heat, and motion.
Physics Behind Four Amazing Demonstrations, Skeptical Inquirer
- Physics theory behind four dramatic demonstrations: walking on broken glass, dipping one's fingers in molten lead, breaking a concrete block over someone lying between beds of nails, and picking up an orange-hot piece of silica tile.
Physics Demonstration Resources Online, University of Texas at Austin
- For physics educators interested in developing demonstrations. Provides links to many colleges' demo resources.
Physics Demonstrations and Science Exhibit Designs
- Bill Beaty's Science Hobbyist site. Includes many links to his and other demonstration sources.
Physics.org - Physics To Go
- Recipes for and videos of 20 easy-to-replicate physics-based tricks. These were produced in Einstein Year, 2005, to help Institute of Physics members engage non-physicists.
Static Electricity Generator
- How to make and use a frictional static electricity generator which makes HUGE sparks. Also, links to other electricity demos on the internet.
Tarzan Swing, PennState York
- Tarzan (a water balloon) is swinging on a thread which is cut by a hot wire mid-flight; students must project Tarzan safely through a hole surrounded by pins.
Video Demonstrations, Colorado State University College of Engineering
- Various principles and devices, including dynamics, mechanisms, vibration and sound, mechatronics and measurement systems, pool and billiards, and solid mechanics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 12:45:04 UTC -