become an editor
the entire directory
only in Condensed_Matter/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Condensed Matter: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Physics: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
The Ames Laboratory Magnetic Molecules Program
- Research into understanding and controlling the magnetism of nanometer-sized molecular systems at Iowa State University.
Ames Laboratory: Condensed Matter Physics Group
- Description of research and publications bibliography.
Argonne National Laboratory: Materials Theory Institute
- Aims to attract leading talents in the field of condensed matter physics for collaborative work closely related to Argonne's experimental and theoretical projects.
Birmingham University: Condensed Matter Physics
- Study of many different aspects of cutting-edge Superconducting Materials at Ultra Low Temperatures. Research Group within the School of Physics and Astronomy at Birmingham University (UK).
Birmingham University: Research in Oxide Physics
- The programme is a collaboration of experimental and theoretical physicists working on the behaviour of correlated electrons in oxide materials. Based in the School of Physics and Astronomy at Birmingham University, United Kingdom. Materials of interest include the high temperature cuprate superconductors, non-Fermi liquid physics near quantum critical points, unconventional superconductivity in the ruthanates and heavy fermion behaviour in lithium vanadate.
Birmingham University: Theoretical Physics Research Group
- Members, research interests, publications, lectures, seminars and external links.
Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics: Disordered Structures
- Part of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Dubna, Russia, the group works on disordered structures, topological defects in solids, carbon nanostructures, biophysics, quasicrystals, glasses, amorphous solids, Josephson junctions and granular superconductors
CEA-INAC / Grenoble University: LProp group
- The LProp group at CEA grenoble studies the local properties of interacting electron systems ranging from superconductors, SOI MOSFETs and graphene.
Cornell Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics: Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
- Research is focused on nanostructure, low-temperature, x-ray and soft condensed matter physics.
Cornell University: Organic Optoelectronics
- Organic Optoelectronics Research at Cornell University
Cornell University: Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
- At the Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics.
Delft University of Technology: CosmoNanoscience Group.
- The group CosmoNanoscience is actively transforming the current frontier of nanoscience towards new discoveries in astronomy and cosmology.
Delft University of Technology: Quantum Transport group
- The Quantum Transport group studies and exploits novel quantum mechanical phenomena in nanometer-scale structures. The current research focuses on superconducting circuits, quantum dots, nanowires, carbon nanotubes, diamond, and graphene.
GSI Materials Research
- Heavy ion accelerator applied to basic solid state research and engineering. In German and English.
Institute of Condensed Matter E-Print Server
- National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
Institute of Mathematical Problems of Biology: Quantum-mechanical Systems
- The Institute, part of the Russian Academy of Sciences, works on long-range electron transfer in DNA and proteins, bipolarons, and the dynamics of a crystal lattice with defects.
- One of Russia's largest institutions for research in physics and technology with a wide variety of operating projects.
Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute: Shaped Crystals Growth Group
- Research in the shaped crystals growth. Main interest is a Sapphire shaped crystals growth: sapphire tubes, rods, and ribbons. For optics, mechanics, medicine and other applications.
Jülich Centre for Neutron Science
- Research into the areas of soft condensed and biological matter, nanomagnetism and highly correlated electron systems.
Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources: Ion Beam Application Group
- Ion beam analysis (IBA) using a particle accelerator and methods like RBS, ERD, PIXE/PIGE. Summary of projects on ion beam LIGA, lithography and MEMS is presented.
LeRoy Eyring Center for Solid State Science
- At Arizona State University. Research activities include solid state physics and chemistry, earth and planetary sciences and materials research.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Ab-Initio Research Group
- Researching a variety of complex systems from an ab initio standpoint. Most of the investigations fall into the broad categories of photonic crystals and optics (photons) or atomic systems and electronic structure (atoms). Headed by Prof. J. D. Joannopoulos
National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- Institute for Condensed Matter Physics.
Nippon Telegraph & Telephone BRL: Hybrid Nanostructure Physics Research Group
- The group pursues the innovative development of hybrid devices by combining different types of micro/nanostructures such as low-dimensional semiconductor structures, superconducting circuits, and micro/nanomechanical systems.
Nippon Telegraph & Telephone BRL: Nanodevices Research group
- The research target is to realize ultra-low power and high functional devices, high-sensitivity devices, and high-precision devices by utilizing nanometer-scale structures.
Nippon Telegraph & Telephone BRL: Low-dimensionnal Nanomaterials Research Group
- Fabrication of ultra-fine structures beyond the limit of conventional lithography by controlling atomic processes on surfaces will lead to significant breakthrough in the future semiconductor technology.
Nippon Telegraph & Telephone BRL: Quantum Solid State Physics Research Group
- Study of quantum correlated phenomena in semiconductor nanostructures in GaAs, Si or carbon based materials. Part of the NTT basic research lab in Japan.
- Information on nano-scale research, development and production applications using focused ion beam and other technologies for archival data storage, MEMS, micromachining and semiconductor applications.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory: High Flux Isotope Reactor
- The neutron scattering facilities of the high flux research reactor are available for outside users on problems of scientific merit. Although the main purpose of the HFIR is to produce transplutonium elements for use in industry, medicine and research, the reactor's extremely high flux also makes it a source of neutrons for condensed matter investigations.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory: The Stem Group
- The Electron Microscopy Group of the Materials Science and Technology Division. Research using STEM imaging and spectroscopy to solve key issues in condensed matter, materials, chemical and nanosciences.
Oxford University: Nicholas Research Group
- Undertaking research into the properties of a variety of semiconducting heterostructures, devices and carbon nanotubes. Also studying advanced designs for photovoltaic cells. At the Clarendon Laboratory, Oxford, UK.
Paul Scherrer Laboratory: Department for Condensed Matter Research
- Large Facilities in Switzerland for the study of solid and liquid condensed matter with Neutron and Muons beams.
Queen Mary University of London: Molecular and Materials Physics Group
- Members, research details, studentships, seminars, industrial links.
- "Moving the bottleneck out of the hardware and back into the human mind": aims to grid-enable the realistic modelling and simulation of complex condensed matter structures at the meso and nanoscale levels as well as the discovery of new materials.
Rice University Condensed Matter Theory
- Peter Nordlander's group investigates non-equilibrium processes in mesoscopic systems and on surfaces focus on many-electron effects. Qimiao Si specializes in the theory of strongly correlated electron systems emphasis on non-Fermi liquid behavior. projects: quantum dot, Kondo, nanoparticles, high temperature superconductors
- Activity, publications, facilities. Located in P.S.M. - C.N.R. in Rome, Italy. Research includes humidity and chemical sensors.
Spintronics Research Group J. Fabian
- Official Website of the Spintronics Research Group of Prof. Dr. Jaroslav Fabian at the University of Regensburg, Germany.
- The STREAM project is funded by the European Community and deals with high resolution strain measurement and its application to sub-micron microelectronic devices, although applicable to any crystalline materials.
Surfaces, Thin Films, Multilayers
- Magnetic properties of nano structures by Conversion Electron Moessbauer Spectroscopy - CEMS. Department of solid state Physics, Krakow, Poland.
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology: Nanophysics group
- The NANO-PHYSICS group at ETH Zürich focuses on the preparation of ultra-small semiconductor structures with the aim to investigate experimentally new, unusual and unexpected physical systems at the crossover between classical physics and quantum physics.
University of Basel: Physics Department
- Condensed Matter Group
University of Cambridge: Cavendish Laboratory - Theory of Condensed Matter
- These pages contain information on the research interests, members and publications of the group.
University of Erlangen: Lehrstuhl für Festkörperphysik
- Chair of Solid State Physics at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg in Germany. Investigates the structural and electronic properties of surfaces with methods like Two-Photon Photoemission Spectroscopy (2PPE), Scanning Tunneling Microscpy (STM) and Low-Energy Electron Diffraction (LEED).
University of Malta: Auxetics Materials Research Group
- led by Joseph N Grima.
University of the Basque Country: Photothermal Techniques Laboratory
- Research group on photothermal techniques, including thermal properties measurements of solids, liquids and gases.
Université de Strasbourg / CNRS : Scanning Probes Group
- Our research focuses on the electronic, spin-related and luminescence properties of nanoscale objects such as metallic nanostructures, single molecules and atoms, quantum point contacts. Scanning-probe techniques are employed for this purpose, notably STM.
Université Paris Sud / CNRS: Mesoscopic physics
- Study of electronic properties at length scale between the atom and the macroscopic world. Orsay University (France)
Utah State University: Nanoelectronics Laboratory
- Research and development at Utah State University, Logan.
Washington University: Nanoscience and Thin Film Science
- The group is based in the physics department at Washington University in St. Louis. Activities include research in condensed-matter and materials physics with applications in nanoscience, nanotechnology and thin film growth. Typical areas of relevance are magnetic nanostructures, nanostructured titania photocatalysts, ion beam modification of materials and practical ways to create desired nanostructures using directed self-assembly.
Wuerzburg University : Organic semiconductors group
- Workgroup of Jens Pflaum from Experimental Physics 6 at the University of Wuerzburg! Our research focuses on organic materials and their fundamental physics with emphasis on possible applications.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:57:46 AM EDT -