become an editor
the entire directory
only in Condensed_Matter/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Open Directory - Science: Physics: Condensed Matter: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Physics: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
Ab-Initio Research Group at MIT
- headed by Prof. J. D. Joannopoulos
Ames Laboratory: Condensed Matter Physics Group
- Description of research and publications bibliography.
Argonne National Laboratory: Materials Theory Institute
- Aims to attract leading talents in the field of condensed matter physics for collaborative work closely related to Argonne's experimental and theoretical projects.
Birmingham University: Research in Oxide Physics
- The programme is a collaboration of experimental and theoretical physicists working on the behaviour of correlated electrons in oxide materials. Based in the School of Physics and Astronomy at Birmingham University, United Kingdom. Materials of interest include the high temperature cuprate superconductors, non-Fermi liquid physics near quantum critical points, unconventional superconductivity in the ruthanates and heavy fermion behaviour in lithium vanadate.
Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics: Disordered Structures
- Part of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Dubna, Russia, the group works on disordered structures, topological defects in solids, carbon nanostructures, biophysics, quasicrystals, glasses, amorphous solids, Josephson junctions and granular superconductors
Cornell Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics: Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
- Research is focused on nanostructure, low-temperature, x-ray and soft condensed matter physics.
Cornell University: Organic Optoelectronics
- Organic Optoelectronics Research at Cornell University
Cornell University: Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
- At the Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics.
GSI Materials Research
- Heavy ion accelerator applied to basic solid state research and engineering. In German and English.
Institute of Condensed Matter E-Print Server
- National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
Institute of Mathematical Problems of Biology: Quantum-mechanical Systems
- The Institute, part of the Russian Academy of Sciences, works on long-range electron transfer in DNA and proteins, bipolarons, and the dynamics of a crystal lattice with defects.
- One of Russia's largest institutions for research in physics and technology with a wide variety of operating projects.
Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute: Shaped Crystals Growth Group
- Research in the shaped crystals growth. Main interest is a Sapphire shaped crystals growth: sapphire tubes, rods, and ribbons. For optics, mechanics, medicine and other applications.
Jülich Centre for Neutron Science
- Research into the areas of soft condensed and biological matter, nanomagnetism and highly correlated electron systems.
LeRoy Eyring Center for Solid State Science
- At Arizona State University. Research activities include solid state physics and chemistry, earth and planetary sciences and materials research.
- Research and development at Utah State University, Logan.
National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- Institute for Condensed Matter Physics.
Nicholas Research Group
- Undertaking research into the properties of a variety of semiconducting heterostructures, devices and carbon nanotubes. Also studying advanced designs for photovoltaic cells. At the Clarendon Laboratory, Oxford, UK.
- Information on nano-scale research, development and production applications using focused ion beam and other technologies for archival data storage, MEMS, micromachining and semiconductor applications.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory: High Flux Isotope Reactor
- The neutron scattering facilities of the high flux research reactor are available for outside users on problems of scientific merit. Although the main purpose of the HFIR is to produce transplutonium elements for use in industry, medicine and research, the reactor's extremely high flux also makes it a source of neutrons for condensed matter investigations.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory: The Stem Group
- The Electron Microscopy Group of the Materials Science and Technology Division. Research using STEM imaging and spectroscopy to solve key issues in condensed matter, materials, chemical and nanosciences.
Queen Mary University of London: Molecular and Materials Physics Group
- Members, research details, studentships, seminars, industrial links.
- "Moving the bottleneck out of the hardware and back into the human mind": aims to grid-enable the realistic modelling and simulation of complex condensed matter structures at the meso and nanoscale levels as well as the discovery of new materials.
Rice University Condensed Matter Theory
- Peter Nordlander's group investigates non-equilibrium processes in mesoscopic systems and on surfaces focus on many-electron effects. Qimiao Si specializes in the theory of strongly correlated electron systems emphasis on non-Fermi liquid behavior. projects: quantum dot, Kondo, nanoparticles, high temperature superconductors
- The STREAM project is funded by the European Community and deals with high resolution strain measurement and its application to sub-micron microelectronic devices, although applicable to any crystalline materials.
Surfaces, Thin Films, Multilayers
- Magnetic properties of nano structures by Conversion Electron Moessbauer Spectroscopy - CEMS. Department of solid state Physics, Krakow, Poland.
The Ames Laboratory Magnetic Molecules Program
- Research into understanding and controlling the magnetism of nanometer-sized molecular systems at Iowa State University.
University of Basel: Physics Department
- Condensed Matter Group
University of Birmingham: Theoretical Physics Research Group
- Members, research interests, publications, lectures, seminars and external links.
University of Cambridge: Cavendish Laboratory - Theory of Condensed Matter
- These pages contain information on the research interests, members and publications of the group.
University of Malta: Auxetics Materials Research Group
- led by Joseph N Grima.
University of the Basque Country: Photothermal Techniques Laboratory
- Research group on photothermal techniques, including thermal properties measurements of solids, liquids and gases.
Washington University: Nanoscience and Thin Film Science
- The group is based in the physics department at Washington University in St. Louis. Activities include research in condensed-matter and materials physics with applications in nanoscience, nanotechnology and thin film growth. Typical areas of relevance are magnetic nanostructures, nanostructured titania photocatalysts, ion beam modification of materials and practical ways to create desired nanostructures using directed self-assembly.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 21, 2010 4:48:59 AM EDT -