become an editor
the entire directory
only in Physics/Classical_Mechanics
Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Mechanics
Science: Physics: Education: Mechanics
This category in other languages:
Amusement Park Physics
- How do physics laws affect amusement park ride design? Design your own roller coaster and experiment with bumper car collisions.
Block and Tackle
- Colorful illustrated tutorial shows how a block and tackle (as well as levers and gears) works.
Classical Mechanics on Wikipedia
- Free online encyclopedia with description of the theory and history of classical mechanics.
Derivation of Basic Gyroscope Formula
- Web page contains a clear, simple and intuitive derivation of this formula.
The Eöt-Wash Group
- Group at the Center for Experimental Nuclear Physics and Astrophysics, University of Washington, undertaking laboratory tests of gravitational and sub-gravitational physics.
- Provides definitions of gravity.
- Graphics, related links and a video combine to show you how gyroscopes work.
How a Helium Balloon Works
- Explanation of lifting capabilities of helium, hydrogen and hot air balloons, from How Stuff Works.
- Article in the Platonic Realms. Gives a novice's overview of Kepler's laws.
Mechanics: Statics and Kinematics
- Splung.com provides educative material including distance, displacement, velocity, acceleration, linear motion, circular motion, momentum, Newton's laws of motion, simple harmonic motion, energy, work, power, gravitation, Kepler's laws, satellites and friction.
Non Linear Mappings
- Interactive visualisation of nonlinear mappings, a Java applet simulating the standard map and the Henon map.
On a General Method of Expressing the Paths of Light and of the Planets, by the Coefficients of a Characteristic Function
- An original paper by William Rowan Hamilton, dated 1833.
Oscillations and Harmonic Oscillations
- Tutorial on this topic.
- Discussion of various forms of rotating motion in which the Coriolis effect plays a part, such as the Foucault pendulum and inertial oscillations. Illustrated with animations.
Physics of Sound
- Rigorous derivation of sound wave equations from a molecular model of an ideal diatomic gas. General solution of the wave equations. Point source radiating in a moving medium.
Primitive Potentials and Newton's Laws from Symmetry
- Symmetry of function. Finding of primitive without integration-summation. Newton's laws of any order. Mechanics of third order.
Simulations with Java
- Provides several interactive physics simulations such as springs and masses, pendulums, molecules. Objects, mass, gravity, spring stiffness can be modified.
Soccer Ball Physics
- Discusses shape of a soccer ball, spin effects and the motion of projectiles.
String Wave Solutions
- Provides some solutions for wave equations.
- A physics safety educational tool.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2015 at 3:05:03 UTC -