become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Open Directory - Science: Organizations: Regional: North America: United States
Federal Government Research Institutes
National Research Council
National Science Foundation
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
U.S. National Academies
- The National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council, National Academy of Engineering, and the Institute of Medicine, "advisors to the nation."
Federally-Funded Research in the U.S.
- Community of Science database on government funding sources for research.
J. Craig Venter Institute
- Analysis of genomes and gene products for applications in medicine, nutrition and agriculture. Features projects, education and career opportunities in Rockville and San Diego.
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Works with industry to develop and apply technology, measurements, and standards.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
- NSF is an independent U.S. government agency responsible for promoting science and engineering through research programs and education projects.
National Technical Information Service
- NTIS, an agency of the US Dept of Commerce, provides access to more than 3 million scientific, technical, engineering, and related business information produced by or for the U.S. government and complementary material from international sources.
Washington Academy of Sciences
- Aims to encourage the advancement of science and "to conduct, endow, or assist investigation in any department of science."
Government Executive Magazine - Information Overload
- Describes the National Technical Information Service, NTIS, which is the self-funding clearinghouse for the government's research and other technical information. (August 01, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:45:14 AM EDT -