become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/Radio_Programs
News and Media
News: Internet Broadcasts: Audio
Science: Educational Resources
Arctic Science Journeys Radio (ASJ)
- A free radio service offering stories about science, culture, and the environment of the Far North. Includes archives [last audio update in 2005].
BBC - Radio 4 - The Sound of Life
- Stories related to sound in the animal kingdom: making, using, ocmmunicating with, detecting, and effects of sound pollution on the environment.
BBC Radio 4: Science
- Regular series programmes plus older occasional series and documentaries available live or with Listen Again. Includes upcoming programmes, science puzzles, message boards and webchat transcripts.
CBC Radio One: Quirks & Quarks
- Weekly show from Canada hosted by Bob McDonald and broadcast on Saturdays. Listen to show archives using RealAudio, mp3 and ogg files.
The DNA Files
- A public radio series that explores the world of genes and genetic science.
- Short radio broadcast providing a weekly look at the whimsical, unusual or little-known sides of engineering. The series is by Texas A&M Engineering.
Groks Science Radio Show and Podcast
- Radio science program available live online using Realplayer and as a podcast.
John Koulouris on CBC Radio
- Interview with John Koulouris about craters on Mars, Venus and the Moon that have been officially attributed to CANADA by the International Astronomical Union.
A Moment of Science (AMOS)
- Two-minute radio broadcasts covering everyday science topics, especially those that are "wow, that's neat" types. Each script for A Moment of Science is checked by a scientist in the appropriate field.
The Naked Scientists Online
- Online, on-demand radio show focuses on science, technology and medicine. Includes audio archives, articles and news, Ask a Scientist and Cafe Scientifique.
NPR: Science Friday with Ira Flatow
- Weekly two-hour radio program about science, technology and environment issues in the news. Includes RealAudio archives, FAQ, forum, book discussions and SciFri Kids section. From National Public Radio (USA).
The Planetary Society's Planetary Radio Show
- Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, advocate or writer who can provide a unique perspective on the quest for knowledge about our solar system and beyond. Broadcast weekly.
Pulse of the Planet
- Produces a two-minute sound portrait every weekday, providing recordings of nature, culture and science worldwide.
Radio Expeditions at Nationalgeographic.com
- A coproduction of NPR and the National Geographic Society. Heard on National Public Radio's Morning Edition, Radio Expeditions blends narrative, interviews, and digital sound to document stories of Earth's threatened environments and diverse cultures.
- Radio show provided by WNYC presenting thought-provoking, often funny, science essays revolving around a single topic such as laughter, deception, or choice. RadioLab podcasts also available.
Science and Society
- Talk radio broadly focused on the life sciences, physical sciences, and planetary and space sciences, as well as K-12 science education and the intersection between science and art.
- A long-running, wide-ranging 90-second daily science news feature often addressing listener questions. Archives in Realaudio format.
- A production of The University of Texas McDonald Observatory. StarDate tells listeners what to look for in the night sky and explains the science, history, and skylore behind these objects. It also reports on research findings and space missions, and it offers tidbits on astronomy in the arts and popular culture.
TWIS: This Week In Science
- Weekly science news radio show featuring current topics and issues. Live Internet radio, streaming audio archives of past shows, weekly text articles, forum and extensive links.
UC: Science Today
- Five-day-a-week, one-minute radio science program transmitted on the CBS Radio Network. Each segment features the latest scientific breakthroughs and discoveries from the University of California. Site also includes a bi-monthly video.
WFMU - The Speakeasy with Dorian
- Interview show with guests from the world of the arts, sciences, the media, and other areas of interest.
NPR Topics: Health & Science
- Links to recent health and science stories. [RSS]
- Updates from StarDate Online, including daily radio show podcast, stargazing tips, and featured images. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 8, 2015 at 5:28:19 UTC -