become an editor
the entire directory
only in Topology/Algebraic_Topology
Open Directory - Science: Math: Topology: Algebraic Topology
Science: Math: Algebra
Science: Math: Algebra: Category Theory
Allen Hatcher's Homepage
- Links to online texts and papers (published and unpublished) on Algebraic Topology, K-Theory, and 3-Manifolds.
Algebraic K-theory, Groups and Categories
- A report pursuant to the amalgamation in 1995 of two separate proposals for INTAS support in the areas of Algebraic K-theory, and Categorical Methods in Algebraic Homotopy and related topics. Period covered: 1997-2000. Project Coordinator: Prof. R. Brown
- Encyclopedic reference for "Algebraic Topology" in Dave Rusin's Mathematical Atlas. Includes a brief history along with various links to textbooks, reference works, and tutorials on the subject.
- An encyclopedic reference containing definitions, some discussion, and an assortment of useful links to various resources concerning Algebraic Topology and K-Theory.
Algebraic Topology Discussion List
- Includes information on subscribing, archives of past discussions, and links to home pages of algebraic topologists and other related resources.
Algebraic Topology Textbook
- A complete, downloadable, introductory text on Algebraic Topology, by Prof. Allen Hatcher, Cornell Univ. 3rd Ed. 553 pp. with illustrations. Available in pdf and postscript versions.
Algorithms for the Fixed Point Property
- A survey of various algorithms used to determine if a given ordered set has the fixed point property, that is, whether it has a fixed point free order-preserving self-map. Algorithms using the methods of Algebraic Topology are compared with other techniques.
British Topology Home Page
- A usable collection of pointers to Topology-related sites, including archives and conference announcements. The focus is mainly on British and European resources, with some links and references to research conducted in other parts of the globe.
- Charts for modules over the odd-primary Steenrod Algebra, by Christian Nassau. In Postscript.
Five Talks on the Poincaré Conjecture
- Streaming video links to lectures by Prof. John Morgan filmed during a 5-day series held at Columbia University in 2003. Thurston Geometrization, and Hamilton’s ‘Ricci flow’ method, leading up to the Perelman’s proposed proof, are discussed. RealOne Player is required to view the video.
Higher Dimensional Group Theory
- This article by Prof. Ronald Brown discusses the advantageous application of groupoids to higher-dimensional Homotopy theory.
An Introduction to Algebraic K-theory
- An incomplete graduate textbook in Algebraic K-Theory, by Charles Weibel. Several chapters are available online.
- Encyclopedic reference for "K-Theory" in Dave Rusin's Mathematical Atlas. Includes a brief history along with various links to textbooks, reference works, and tutorials on the subject.
- A calendar of upcoming and past events (workshops, colloquia, lectures) pertaining to K-Theory and its applications.
K-theory Preprint Archives
- An extensive archive of pre-publication papers (preprints) on Algebraic K-Theory.
Math Front: AT Algebraic Topology
- An archive of pre-publication papers (preprints) on Algebraic Topology.
- Index to more than 100 articles on Algebraic Topology.
Poincaré Conjecture -- from MathWorld
- A widely accessible statement of the Poincaré Conjecture and its implications, with various links and references for further inquiry.
Surgery Bits and Pieces
- Assorted articles and minutia concerning Algebraic Surgery, assembled by Andrew Ranicki.
Table of the Homotopy Groups of Spheres
- From Toda's book: "Composition Methods in Homotopy Groups of Spheres."
What is Algebraic Topology?
- Introductory essay by Joe Neisendorfer, University of Rochester.
Usenet sci.math.research sci.physics.research sci.math geometry.college sci.math.symbolic sci.physics.relativity geometry.research -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2014 at 7:05:05 UTC -