become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/S
Open Directory - Science: Math: Statistics: Software: S
Computers: Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning: Software
Computers: Programming: Languages: Functional
Computers: Programming: Languages: Interpreted: Functional
Computers: Programming: Languages: Interpreted: Object-Oriented
Computers: Programming: Languages: Object-Oriented: Class-based
This category in other languages:
- Language and system to organize, visualize, analyze data. A Bell Labs statistics research project, since 1976, this is the foundation and origin of S, S-Plus, and R. Information on relationship among them; descriptions, history, links.
The Basics of S-Plus
- Author's page with errata, prior editions, S links.
- Software, consulting, training, mainly for the fund management industry; working papers, tutorials, downloads, other information on quantitative finance and programming in S language (R and S-Plus).
Modern Applied Statistics with S
- By William N. Venables, B.D. Ripley; Springer-Verlag, 2002, ISBN 0387954570. Guide to using S-Plus and R for statistical analyses: introduces using S, and is a course in modern statistical methods.
Omega Project for Statistical Computing
- Joint project to provide variety of open source software for 3 extant statistical languages: S, R, Lisp-Stat. Focus: new directions, more so web-based systems, Java and JVM, and distributed systems.
Programming with Data: A Guide to the S Language
- By John M. Chambers; Springer-Verlag, 1998, ISBN 0387985034. Premier reference work on S, written by its chief designer, describes new, greatly extended version.
- Author's page with errata, description, contact information.
- By William N. Venables, B.D. Ripley; Springer-Verlag, 2000, ISBN 0387989668. In-depth guide for researchers, graduate students, to writing software in either or both S variants: S-Plus, open source R.
S-News and S-News-Advisory Mailing Lists
- Discussion group on S, S-Plus statistics, graphics, programming. Topics: programming, usage questions and suggestions; problem reports; new software announcements; books, articles; conferences, educational events; short job announcements.
ACM: Software System Award
- Press release from The Association for Computing Machinery naming Dr. John M. Chambers of Bell Labs as recipient of 1998 award for developing the S System. (March 23, 1999)
Usenet aus.stats.s -
Usenet comp.lang.misc -
Usenet comp.object -
Usenet s-programming -
Usenet sci.stat.math -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2013 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:54:43 UTC -