the entire directory
only in Statistics/Education
Reference: Education: Distance Learning: Online Courses: Math
Science: Educational Resources
Science: Math: Education
This category in other languages:
AP Statistics at the College Board
- The College Board's official AP Statistics page. Course description, sample exam questions, teacher resources and contact information.
- Covers averages, normal distribution, best curve fit and skewness. Includes resource links.
Center for Statistics Education
- The American Statistical Association sponsors educational resources for K-12 and above. ASA's LearnStat program provides continuing education for professional statisticians and educators.
Computer-Assisted Statistics Teaching (CAST)
- A complete web-based course in introductory statistics. Registration required.
The Data and Story Library
- Online library of datafiles and stories that illustrate the use of basic statistics methods. The goal is to provide data from a wide variety of topics so that statistics teachers can find interesting, real-world examples.
How to Do Everything in Elementary Statistics
- A guide for topics in elementary and AP statistics. Includes calculators, tables and a forum.
Intro Stat: EPR Approach
- This site contains information about the Entity-Property-Relationship (EPR) approach to the introductory statistics course by Donald Macnaughton.
Introduction to Mathematical Statistics
- Lecture notes from a year-long course in mathematical statistics.
Introductory Statistics: Concepts, Models, and Applications by David Stockburger
- An online, searchable introductory statistics text. By David Stockburger of Southwest Missouri State University.
- Monitors the media in search of misleading numbers in news, politics and science.
Primer in Statistics
- Covers mean, mode, median, standard deviation, area approximation, charts and testing for normality.
Probability and Statistics EBook
- This EBook, and the materials, tools and demonstrations included in it, may be useful for the advanced placement statistics educational curriculum.
Resources in Statistics, Quantitative Methods and Experimental Design
- Statistics-related exercises and humour, for courses from high school to graduate level.
Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics
- This resource for teaching statistics includes java simulations, case studies, an online text, and an analysis lab.
- Tutorial using graphs to illustrate concepts. Includes glossary of terms. Online purchase.
- Book, with worked examples and courses are specially designed for the non-mathematicians. Includes excerpts and ordering information.
Statistical Data Analysis
- Tutorial describes time series analysis, popular distributions, and other topics.
Statistical Home Page (David Howell)
- The teaching of parametric and nonparametric statistics. It includes examples, content, lecture notes, and ideas on teaching.
Statistics In A Day
- A short course in data analysis. A 70 page book designed for a one-day workshop/course in data analysis. A number of versions are available, suitable for different groups of people. Ideas explained in simple terms without technical details and formulas. Uses XLStatistics.
StatNotes: Online Textbook in Statistics
- Graduate-level text by David Garson of North Carolina State University. Especially well suited for social sciences.
STEPS: STatisical Education through Problem Solving
- A program for teaching statistics through problem so students will recognize its applications. Free CBL software with modules in psychology, biology, geography and business. Glossary of statistical terms.
NYTimes.com - The Odds of That
- Long article discussing examples of happenings which appear at first glance to be related, but are not. [Requires free nytimes.com registration to view.] (August 11, 2002)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 5, 2013 at 14:24:42 UTC -