become an editor
the entire directory
only in Statistics/Bayesian_Analysis
Computers: Artificial Intelligence: Belief Networks
Computers: Artificial Intelligence: Neural Networks
Science: Math: Operations Research
International Society for Bayesian Analysis
- Promotes the development and application of Bayesian statistical theory and methods useful in the solution of theoretical and applied problems in science, industry and government.
Bayesian Analysis Archive
- Part of the ArXiv e-print repository.
Bayesian Belief Networks
- Online tutorial with an introduction to probability theory and to Bayesian belief networks.
Bayesian Inference for the Physical Sciences
- An annotated index for information on Bayesian inference for the physical sciences.
Bayesian Methods for Hackers
- Probabilistic programming with a computation/understanding-first, mathematics-second point of view. Open source.
Bayesian Model Averaging
- Information regarding model averaging using Bayesian techniques. Software and papers available.
- Promotes the thesis that probability is an alternative to logic, allowing rational decisions to be made with incomplete and uncertain knowledge.
The Bayesian Songbook
- A collection of often humorous songs with bayes-related lyrics sang to popular tunes on the last nights of the Valencia meetings on Bayesian statistics. Lyrics in LaTeX and postscript formats. Wav files of some songs available.
Biography of Reverend Thomas Bayes (1702-1761)
- Part of the University of St. Andrews History of Mathematics archive.
Decision Analysis Society
- Promotes the development and use of logical methods for the improvement of decision-making.
Duke University Institute of Statistics and Decision Sciences
- The institute has a strong focus on Bayesian statistics.
Making Sense of Probability: Fallacies, Myths and Puzzles
- Norman Fenton provides many examples of probability problems that people normally get wrong or do not understand.
Measurement Decision Theory
- Includes rules, examples, and information about adaptive testing and sequential decisions. Main ideas are presented using a binary classification (pass/fail) test and a sample three-item test.
Non-subjective Bayesian Statistical Methodology
- A website and mailing list on non-subjective priors (e.g. non-informative, conventional and reference priors).
Probability Theory As Extended Logic
- A monumental online book by the late E. T. Jaynes on Bayesian inference. Also has a number of related articles by other authors.
Scholarpedia: Bayesian Statistics
- Encyclopedia article on this system for describing epistemological uncertainty using the mathematical language of probability.
Wikipedia: Bayesian Inference
- Encyclopedia article on the statistical inference in which evidence or observations are used to update or to newly infer the probability that a hypothesis may be true.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 15, 2013 at 19:15:30 UTC -