become an editor
the entire directory
only in Reference/Prizes
The Abel Prize
- Established by the government of Norway in 2002 following the model of the Nobel prizes. Details of the prize and nomination procedure.
Alice T. Schafer Mathematics Prize
- Awarded by the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) for excellence in mathematics to an undergraduate woman who is a U.S. citizen or studying in the U.S. List of previous winners and call for nominations.
AMS Prizes and Funds
- Details of prizes awarded by the American Mathematical Society.
Carl Friedrich Gauss Prize
- Jointly awarded by the IMU and DMV for applications of mathematics.
Delbert Ray Fulkerson Prize
- For outstanding papers in the area of discrete mathematics, sponsored jointly by the Mathematical Programming Society (MPS) and the American Mathematical Society (AMS).
- To recognize excellent contributions in Mathematics by young researchers; presented every four years at the European Congresses of Mathematics.
European Prize in Combinatorics
- Established by the European Research and Training Network COMBSTRU to recognise excellent contributions in Combinatorics by young European researchers (not older than 35) and awarded biannually in conjunction with the EuroComb conference.
Felix Klein Prize
- Awarded to a young scientist or a small group (normally under the age of 38) for using sophisticated methods to give an outstanding solution to a concrete and difficult industrial problem.
The Ferran Sunyer i Balaguer Prize
- Awarded for a mathematical monograph of an expository nature presenting the latest developments in an active area of research in Mathematics, in which the applicant has made important contributions.
- Provides details of the prizes awarded in connection with the ICIAM Congresses and their criteria, with information on past winners.
IMU Awards and Prizes
- Details of the Fields Medal, Rolf Nevanlinna Prize, and Carl Friedrich Gauss Prize -- honors given for both existing work and the promise of future achievement. Lists background behind and recipients of these awards.
- Description of the prizes awarded by the London Mathematical Society.
Prizes of the European Mathematical Society
- On the occasion of the Third European Congress of Mathematics. Barcelona, 10--14 July 2000.
SIAM Prizes and Awards
- Eligibility and history of the prizes awarded by SIAM.
- The Hansjörg Wacker Memorial Prize is awarded by the European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry for a masters-level thesis written at an ECMI member institution on an industrial subject.
Wolf Prize Recipients in Mathematics
- Citations for the prize-winners.
Gauss Prize Press Release
- IMU announcement of this new prize, funded by the surplus from ICM'98. (April 30, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2015 at 9:54:09 UTC -