become an editor
the entire directory
only in Recreations/Specific_Numbers
0 - Zero
Computers: Computer Science: Distributed Computing: Projects: Cryptography
Kids and Teens: School Time: Math: Counting and Numbers
Science: Math: Number Theory
This category in other languages:
- Collects information around the number thirty-seven.
Absolutely Abnormal Numbers
- Published as math.NT/0006089, this note investigates numbers that are normal to no base whatsoever, and writes down explicitly such a number.
- Describes the history of the Arabic numeral system that is in use nearly all over the world today.
Ask Dr. Math: History of the Terms Google and Googleplex
- Explains how these very large numbers (1 followed by a hundred zeroes, and 1 followed by a google of zeroes, respectively) were named. With links to references. From Swarthmore's Dr. Math.
Catalan Number -- MathWorld
- Illustration of the Catalan numbers related to Euler's polygon division problem.
FAQ on Special Numbers
- Answers to Frequently asked questions about special numbers.
Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden section in Nature
- Puzzles and things to do, for schools, teachers, colleges up to university level students, or just for recreation.
- Describes the history of the Indian numeral system.
Jewish Encyclopedia: Numbers and Numerals
- Discusses the uses and symbolism of various numbers in Hebrew literature.
Just Who is Mr. 666?
- Uses gematria to calculate the number of the beast, and evaluates what it may mean w/r specific Hebrew words and names in the Bible adding up to 666.
- Stephen Finch has published a book of this title and here provides various supplementary materials.
Mathematical Constants and Computation
- Essays, references, links, software.
RJN's More Digits of Irrational Numbers
- Several million digits of e, and the square roots of 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10.
- The infinitesimal is the opposite of infinity, and mathematicians still argue over its existence. This page probes into one of the weirdest numbers in mathematics.
- Some simple mathematics associated with 666, the Number of the Beast.
Timothy J. Warnock: Blog
- Dedicated to the natural order of the universe and to the irrational and logical chaos it presents.
- Properties of triangular numbers including reversible, happy, harshad, highly composite, deficient, abundant ones.
Wikipedia - Mathematical constant
- A list of constants with links to more detailed information.
World of Numbers
- Includes a collection of randomly gathered numbers, curios, puzzles, palindromes and primes.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 11, 2015 at 11:52:22 UTC -