become an editor
the entire directory
only in Recreations/Games_and_Puzzles
Games and Puzzles
Open Directory - Science: Math: Recreations: Games and Puzzles
Problem of the Week
Rubik's Cube Solutions
- Interactive math help for K-12 students with flashcards, Math Wordfind, Homework Helper and worksheets.
- Puzzles, books, games and tests with designed by Lloyd King, author of "Test Your Creative Thinking".
AIMS Puzzle Corner
- Provides over 100 puzzles with the goal of creating an engaging learning environment.
Algebraic Math Puzzles
- A collection of puzzles at high school level. Does not include answers.
- Object of puzzle is to try to get color pieces to create certain patterns in cube.
- Numerous puzzles, links, puzzle solver, and a generator.
Alphametics and Cryptarithms
- Puzzles in which letters or symbols are substituted for the digits in an arithmetical operation like addition.
- Compiled by Mike Keith. Examples of various genres.
Brain Teasers and Maths Puzzles
- Interactive logical and mathematical puzzles with feedback and detailed solutions.
Brain Teasers by QBrute
- Original brain teasers with solutions.
A Cleverly-Titled Logic Puzzle Blog
- A large and varied collection of puzzles by logicsmith Grant Fikes.
- Educational software presents advanced mathematics to K-12 students in a game-oriented approach, using coloring and drawing techniques to illustrate concepts from graph theory and computer science.
The Contest Center
- Classic puzzles and riddles requiring only simple logic and elementary math.
Contest Center Cryptarithms
- Examples of cryptarithms, with prize competitions for subscribers.
- Interactive puzzle archive with descriptions for puzzle construction and a special children's puzzle page.
Dick's Math Puzzle Page
- A collection of mathematical puzzles, some original, with fully worked solutions.
Downloadable and online games
- A variety of Flash- and Java-based games and puzzles.
Free Puzzle Collections
- Educational and recreational puzzles for teachers, students and parents. Each puzzle is graded by difficulty and has a hint. Solutions are available to members.
- Animations that develop the theory behind such puzzles as the Rubik cube.
Hot Pepper Math Puzzles
- Fun, interactive brain teasers you can play anywhere.
Interactive Mathematics Miscellany and Puzzles
- Java-based math resource including articles, puzzles and links.
IQ Flash: Online games, puzzles
- New printable puzzles, math games, board games, and logic games in flash.
The Little Math Puzzle
- The Little Math Puzzle has been a K-12 Internet activity since 1995 for grades 5-9. Currently the puzzles have ceased but the site maintains complete archives of past problems.
- Educational puzzles, brain teasers, and word games such as anagrams, cryptograms, alphametics, doublets, tangrams.
Magic Math Kingdom
- Learn math through games and quiz-oriented tutorial.
- Logic puzzles and riddles with some solutions.
- Detailed exploration of a selection of mathematical topics.
- Celebrates math puzzles and mathematical recreations.
- A website dedicated to the puzzling world of mathematics, with a discussion forum.
- Interactive math problems for abilities ranging from middle school to university.
Missouri State University's Problem Corner
- Math problems in three levels of difficulty: high school, advanced, and challenge. With archives.
Mixed Up Math
- Logic problems, where equations are mixed up. In various formats like boxes, crosses, diagonals, mazes. Free download.
Mr Titen's More Than Math
- Mathematics teacher provides puzzles and games for students.
Nick's Mathematical Puzzles
- A collection of puzzles, with hints, solutions, and links to related mathematical topics.
Paul Hsieh's Puzzles
- Logical and mathematical brain teasers, with an indication of difficulty. Hints are provided; solutions are available by email.
- Pastime and activity links for various geometric patterns, polygons and polyhedra by Jill Britton.
- A collaborative environment for math problem solvers and submitters. Wide range of math and programming problems, interview tests, and trivia questions.
Puzzle of the Week Archives
- A collection of puzzles, with hints and full solutions. Compiled by George Moody.
The Puzzling World of Barry R. Clarke
- Brain teasers, articles and puzzles forum.
- Description and instruction of using the ancient Pythagorean Abacus to do arithmetic.
- Puzzles for web, computers, and print; ambigrams.
Sequence Puzzles and Problems
- Find the next entry in each sequence. With links to related sites. Compiled by Torsten Sillke.
Storkey: Two Envelope Paradox
- A tough but simply defined problem which demonstrates key issues in probability.
Torus and Klein Bottle Games
- Collection of Java-based educational puzzles.
- A collection of riddles, puzzles, and technical interview questions, with a discussion forum.
- A website dedicated to the puzzling world of mathematics. [RSS]
Nick's Mathematical Puzzles
- A collection of puzzles, with hints, solutions, and links to related mathematical topics. [RSS]
Games and Puzzles
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 21, 2013 at 17:33:48 UTC -