become an editor
the entire directory
only in Probability/Benford's_Law
Benford's Law and Zipf's Law.
- With the view to the eerie but uniform distribution of digits of randomly selected numbers, it comes as a great surprise that, if the numbers under investigation are not entirely random but somehow socially or naturally related, the distribution of the first digit is not uniform.
- Software which produces and analyses Benford Sets. Hexagonal and Octagonal numbers are also included in the data sets.
Fun and Fraud Detection with Benford's Law
- Explains the law, includes a video demonstration and some reader responses.
Wikipedia: Benford's Law
- Encyclopedia article on this law, its history, explanations and applications.
Following Benford's Law, or Looking Out for No.1
- Dr.Theodore P. Hill asks his mathematics students at the Georgia Institute of Technology to go home and either flip a coin 200 times and record the results, or merely pretend to flip a coin and fake 200 results. (August 04, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2015 at 14:55:22 UTC -