the entire directory
only in Math/Probability
Science: Math: Analysis
Science: Math: Statistics
This category in other languages:
Applied Probability Society
- A subdivision of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) concerned with the application of probability theory to systems that involve random phenomena.
The Applied Probability Trust
- A non-profit foundation for study and research. Publications feature research journals, a student magazine and occasional special volumes.
ArXiv Front: PR Probability Theory
- Probability section of the mathematics e-print arXiv
The Collector's Problem and the Two-Dimensional Factorial
- In finding a new solution to a classic probability problem concerning the collection of items in a set, a new and useful recursive function has been found, the "two-dimensional factorial."
The Laymans Guide to Probability
- An in-depth but easily readable guide on probability theory, covering various aspects of theory with a bias to gambling games.
Math Surprises: An Example
- Buffon's Needle simulation and a surprising demonstration of Barbier's theorem about shapes of constant width
Measure and Integration
- Part of Dave Rusin's excellent Mathematical Atlas
- Parrondo Paradox simulation and a demonstration of the ratchet effect.
Probabilistic Learning Activities Network
- Probability activities and simulations in the form of applets and spreadsheets. This site advocates a Question/Hypothesis/Experiment approach to learning probability.
- By Richard Jeffrey. HTML.
Probability Guide for Non-mathematicians
- Probability theory basics, applications (including to gambling), interpretations, books, free texts.
Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Part of Dave Rusin's excellent Mathematical Atlas.
The Probability Web
- A collection of pages maintained by Bob Dobrow to serve people with interests in probability theory and its applications.
Theory of Probability
- The introduction, formulas, software, algorithms, equations, problems, and calculations.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 25, 2014 at 16:35:03 UTC -