become an editor
the entire directory
only in People/Turing,_Alan_Mathison
Logic and Foundations
Turing, Alan Mathison
Open Directory - Science: Math: Logic and Foundations: History: People: Turing, Alan Mathison
Computers: Computer Science: Theoretical: Automata Theory: Turing Machines
Computers: History: Pioneers
Computers: Programming: Languages: Turing
Science: Math: Logic and Foundations: Computability
Society: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual: History: Historical Personas
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Mind
This category in other languages:
Alan Mathison Turing (1912-1954)
- British mathematician, cryptographer, and one of the key inventors of the modern computer. After his profound contributions to helping win World War II, he was persecuted for his homosexuality by his own government, and driven to suicide. Maintained by Turing biographer Andrew Hodges: extensive resources and links, online versions of several long essays on Turing.
Alan Turing Year
- Site for the 2012 Turing Centenary. Comprehensive list of events.
Alan M. Turing
- Entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Andrew Hodges.
Alan Mathison Turing
- Undergraduate biographical essay by John M. Kowalik.
- Biography from the MacTutor History of Mathematics archive.
- Encyclopedia biography from Wikipedia.
- Biographical entry in the FOLDOC.
Alan Turing Archive
- Archive and historical records pertaining to the work of computing pioneer Alan Turing.
Alan Turing Legacy
- Recording Turing's legacy after Alan Turing Year 2012.
Alan Turing Papers
- Collection record of Turings papers at Kings College, Cambridge.
On Computable Numbers with an Application to the Entscheidungsproblem
- Turing's paper which discusses the halting problem in the context of Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem. HTML.
The Church-Turing Thesis
- Article from the Stanford Encyclopedia.
Turing Digital Archive
- Digital archive of items relating to Alan Turing hosted at King's College, Cambridge.
Wired Archive: Alan Turing
- Stories involving Turing.
Alan Turing: Inquest’s suicide verdict “not supportable”
- The BBC reports on new doubt about whether Alan Turning committed suicide. (June 23, 2012)
Alan Turing: Thinking Up Computers
- Profile of the groundbreaking Cambridge mathematician. [BusinessWeek] (May 10, 2004)
Turing, Alan Mathison
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 7:38:09 AM EST -