become an editor
the entire directory
only in Logic_and_Foundations/History
Logic and Foundations
Ancient and Modern Logic
Science: Math: History
Society: History: By Topic: Science
- Introductory article by Garth Kemerling.
Aristotle's Reform of Paideia
- Article by Evelyn Barker, arguing that the principal aim of Aristotle's Organon was to reform the contemporary paedagogical role of dialectic.
- Entry in the Catholic Encyclopaedia (1917), dominated by a historical survey from Indian and Pre-Aristotelian philosophy to the Logic of John Stuart Mill.
Mediaeval Logic and Philosophy
- Resource maintained by Paul Vincent Spade at Indiana University.
Medieval Theories of Analogy
- Entry in the Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy, by E. Jennifer Ashworth.
Medieval Theories of Modality
- Article at the Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy.
- By St. Augustine. Latin original together with translation by J. Marchand.
Peter of Spain (Petrus Hispanus)
- Life and work of 13th century logician and author of the Tractatus; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Joke Spruyt.
- Chapter Two of Joseph Perrier's "The Revival of Scholastic Philosophy in the Nineteenth Century" (1909).
- Online text by Joseph Rickaby (1908).
Square of Opposition
- Article in the Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy, by Terence Parsons.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2015 at 18:15:09 UTC -