become an editor
the entire directory
only in Polytopes/Polyhedra
Science: Math: Geometry: Solid Geometry
Virtual Reality Polyhedra
- Encyclopedia with virtual reality (VRML) models, history and art of the shapes. Includes background information on each shape, a glossary, guide to names, classroom activities, sculptures by the author, and a bibliography.
Gallery of Polyhedra
- Gallery of shapes that can be made from books in the Tarquin catalogue, with some VRML models.
- Abstract of book about geometric model building.
Harold Scott MacDonald Coxeter
- Biography from an online History of Mathematics, with quotes.
- Three dimensional block puzzles, VRML models, instructions for creating real-world shrinkable models, and a gallery of images. In English and Japanese.
Mathematician's Portrait - Professor Emeritus H.S.M. Coxeter
- Short biography from the University of Toronto.
Metal Polyhedra Models
- A set of eight solid aluminum models for purchase, available in several colors.
Multiple-unit Dodecahedral Constructions
- Images and VRML models of the shapes connected together by their faces.
Netlib Repository - Polyhedra
- Data files and sample C code for a large number of the shapes.
Paper Models of Polyhedra
- More than eighty paper model templates, ready to cut out and fold up, available to print out or download.
Pavilion of Polyhedreality
- List of links to sites on the topic, plus a few renderings of the shapes.
- Explains why there can be only five regular polyhedra.
The Platonic Solids by Peter Alfeld
- A proof that each configuration of polygons around a vertex results in a unique polyhedron, plus Java applets for rotating the images of the shapes.
- The five regular polyhedra mapped onto the surface of their surrounding spheres, which can be rotated in java applets. Also includes a discussion of the mathematical properties of the shapes.
- Images of paper models, plus some vrml models. In English, German, and French.
Polyhedra by Peter Cromwell
- Contents, reviews, and errata of the book (CUP, 1997).
Polyhedra Home by Sam Gatrix
- Hundreds of ray-traced polyhedra, their duals, and their properties, plus Polyhedra 2001, a real-time viewer available for download (uses OpenGL).
- An online encyclopedia of the shapes, including ray-traces and other data on the Platonic Solids, Kepler-Poinsot Polyhedra, and Archimedean Solids.
The Puzzling World of Polyhedral Dissections
- Puzzle designer's guidebook with designs, plans, and instructions for building geometric dissection puzzles of polyhedra and burrs.
A Ride Through the Polyhedra World
- Provides animations and video clips of convex polyhedra, non convex polyhedra, other polyhedra and related subjects. In French and English.
- Background information and images of the 59 possible stellated icosahedra.
Superliminal Software - The Geometry Page
- Discussion of deltahedra, infinite and flexible polyhedra, with images, a java applet, and links.
Symmetry, Crystals and Polyhedra
- Data on polyhedra, the different types, compounds of the shapes, stellations, stewart toroids, zonohedra, and tesselations. Also discusses crystallography and symmetry.
Three Puzzles with Polyhedra and Numbers
- An article by Jorge Rezende, Lisbon. Includes a deltoidal icositetrahedron, rhombicuboctahedron and rhombic dodecahedron exercise. [PDF]
The Uniform Polyhedra
- Excerpt of Chapter 9 of R. Maeder's book The Mathematica Programmer II. Includes images and statistics for 80 uniform polyhedra, plus background information on the shapes and the wythoff symbol.
Vladimir Bulatov Polyhedra Collection
- Collection of information on polyhedra with images, VRML files, interactive java applets and original research.
- Features a paper on uniform polyhedra and Kaleido software for computation and display of the shapes.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 8:45:05 UTC -