the entire directory
only in Math/Geometry
Sculpture and Art
Kids and Teens: School Time: Math: Trigonometry
Science: Math: Algebra: Geometric Algebra
Science: Math: Recreations: Specific Numbers
This category in other languages:
Archimedes' Book of Lemmas
- A collection of all 15 propositions from Archimedes' Book of Lemmas with complete proofs, each accompanied by a Java illustration.
Bette Veteto's Homepage
- History of Mathematics, very strong on geometry.
- A collection of interactive geometry applets. Topics include polyhedra, Poncelet's porism, Soddy's hexlet, Mandelbrot set, Steiner porism, Pappus's chain, Repulsion polyhedra and stereo pictures.
The Complete Quadrilateral
- Several properties of the complete quadrilateral illustrated with Java applets
Conjectures Produced by the Program Graffiti
- Graffiti is a computer program that makes conjectures in mathematics and chemistry. Links to the conjectures and bibliography.
Cut the Knot
- Features articles about specific problems, illusions, and puzzles. Includes diagrams.
Encyclopedia of Triangle Centers
- By Clark Kimberling. Over 1000 triangle centres in a searchable compilation with diagrams.
The Entropy Reduction Laboratory by Karl-Dietrich Neubert
- Discusses double shell structured periodic systems, platonic spheres, molecular and crystal structures, and FlashSort algorithms.
Erich's Packing Center
- Graphics and links for various packing, tiling and covering problems.
Fundamentals of Geometry
- Free online book on geometry in pdf format. Contains material not easily found elsewhere from detailed exposition of elementary absolute geometry based on Hilbert's axioms to more advanced topics.
A Gallery of Interactive On-Line Geometry
- At the Geometry Center.
Geometric Group Theory
- Information and resources about geometric group theory and low-dimensional topology. People, groups, meetings, links.
Geometry and the Imagination in Minneapolis
- Geometry exercises for a two-week summer workshop led by John Conway, Peter Doyle, Jane Gilman and Bill Thurston at the Geometry Center in Minneapolis, June 1991.
- Web site for the (now closed) Center for the Computation and Visualization of Geometric Structures at the University of Minnesota. Graphics, multimedia, software, teaching resources.
Geometry Formulas and Facts
- Excerpts from the 30th Edition of the CRC Standard Mathematical Tables and Formulas (1995), namely, the geometry section minus differential geometry.
Geometry from the Land of the Incas
- Presents problems involving circles and triangles, with proofs, SAT practice quizzes and famous quotes. Also, has examples of geometry in Peruvian culture.
Geometry in Action
- Includes collections from various areas in which ideas from discrete and computational geometry meet real world applications.
The Geometry Junkyard
- Usenet clippings, web pointers, lecture notes, research excerpts, papers, abstracts, programs, problems, and other stuff related to discrete and computational geometry.
Geometry/Topology at Michigan State University
- Activities of the geometry/topology group at Michigan State University.
- A new type of geometric construction that was discovered by Dan Litchfield and David Goldenheim. Includes general explanation and sketch examples.
- Offers a variety of resources for teaching and learning about geometry. Problems and theorems are presented with step-by-step solutions for each proof.
The Lepidoptera of the Circles
- The Butterfly theorem and its generalizations illustrated by Java applets.
Math Forum: Geometry.research
- Discussion board for geometry professors and instructors to keep informed of the latest research.
Math Forum: Search geometry-forum
- Those interested in examining the previous incarnation of the Math Forum may search the archives of the Geometry Forum.
Mathematical Curves and Surfaces
- Graphical representations of computer generated forms. (French/English).
- Includes packings of equal objects in containers together with source codes to obtain them numerically.
- Shows paper models of polyhedra.
Problem of the Minimum Rotation Surface
- Java applet demonstrating the catenary.
Sangaku: Reflections on the Phenomenon
- Critical reflections on the sangaku phenomenon accompanied by a collection of solved sangaku problems, many with interactive Java illustrations.
Wilson Stothers' Inversive Geometry and CabriJava Pages
- Includes Steiner's Porism and the arbelos.
Xah's Personal Page
- Features an illustrated dictionary of special plane curves, a paper on wallpaper groups, mathematics image gallery and links to software packages.
NPR : Mathematicians Get Crafty with Geometry
- A husband and wife from Cornell University have come up with a crafty way to illustrate high-level geometry concepts -- by manipulating yarn into models that help explain the curvature of spaces. The mathematicians talk with NPR's Jacki Lyden about hyperbolic crocheting. [4:47 streaming audio broadcast] (March 13, 2005)
Usenet geometry.announcements -
Usenet geometry.college -
Usenet geometry.forum -
Usenet geometry.institutes -
Usenet geometry.pre-college -
Usenet geometry.puzzles -
Usenet geometry.research -
Usenet geometry.software.dynamic -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 6, 2015 at 11:48:09 UTC -