become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Teaching_Resources
Books and Worksheets
Reference: Education: K through 12: Curriculum
Reference: Education: Products and Services: Equipment and Supplies: Manipulatives
Reference: Education: Products and Services: K through 12
Science: Math: Education: Software
- Designed to "illuminate" the new NCTM Principles and Standards for School Mathematics.
- Math topics with interactive practice, explanations and challenge games for each.
abcteach Math Extras
- Printable Free hands-on activities, patterns and grids to help teach math concepts for K-6.
- Program allows students to see textbook solutions that have been written with the teacher's hand writing and voice recordings. Page includes sample views. Free and paid membership available.
The Addventures of Plusman
- an educational math comic book series and web resource offering a novel approach to teaching math, the language of math, abstract reasoning and cognitive skills.
AIM: Alice Interactive Mathematics
- A system to administer graded tests using Maple and the Web.
Appetizers and Lessons for Mathematics and Reason
- By Alan Selby, author of books and further webpages on learning and teaching mathematics and pattern based reason. Material may develop critical thinking, improve reading and writing, and give a base for learning or teaching high school and college mathematics.
BEAM: Be a Mathematician
- A mathematics development project for nursery, primary, special and lower secondary teachers.
California Math Show
- A portable, interactive math exhibit based on the idea of symmetry. Currently plans are being made to take the show to shopping malls, and to mount a replica of the show as a permanent exhibit at the future Riverside Youth Museum.
Cancer and Mathematics
- On-line activities involving Cancer, Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, and Geometry. Java required.
CASIO Worldwide Education Web
- The mathematics class in which CASIO uses the graph electronic calculator is introduced.
The Concept and Teaching of Mathematical Place Value
- An explanation, using the concept of mathematical "place value", of how to teach material based on analyzing its logical and conceptual structure.
Creative Gr. 3-9 Math Learning/Teaching Resources
- Creative math methods and activities for teachers, homeschoolers, and concerned parents (especially grades 3-9). Learning styles, NCTM Standards, teaching strategies; over 90 thoughtful, real-life activities.
- The path to number sense begins with a little green block! Come See the Math!
Escher in the Classroom
- Describes several Escher-based activities used by the author with middle school children to promote mathematics as a study of patterns.
Free Blank Graph Downloads
- Collection of graphs, grids, and number lines for educational or personal use.
- Flash-based games that improve math skills.
- Fun classroom games for teaching maths to elementary school children.
- Free resources for teachers and homeschooling parents. Site has a worksheet generator, an electronic math textbook for grades 1-5, a math resources list that emphasizes interactive content and games, curriculum corner, and math teaching section.
Innovations in Mathematics Courses
- A list of some of the innovations in Mathematics teaching in Universities and other Higher Education Institutions in the United Kingdom.
- The goals of this site are the creation, collection, evaluation, and dissemination of java-based courseware for middle school mathematics explorations.
KryssTal : Mathematics
- Essays on mathematical topics including Pascal's Triangle, the Binomial Theorem, number theory, and the stories behind selected formulas.
Leading Educational Resources
- Teaching resources for maths students aged 11 to 15 including Mathattack topic-based homework packages, Mathact Activity Books and low cost Master Maths textbooks. Sample pages available for free download.
LTSN Maths, Stats & OR Network
- UK Network aiming to connect the Maths, Statistics and OR Community in higher education.
Making Mathematics: Mentored Research Projects for Young Mathematicians
- A site for students (gr. 6-12) and teachers to find challenging mathematics projects and sign up of free mentoring on their project. [Project ended in 2002, but the site maintains archives of materials used.]
Mastering H2 Mathematics Smartly
- This site by an experienced teacher provides smart techniques for students to master H2 Mathematics. The content is relevant to 'A' level Mathematics.
Materials For Math Educators
- Quality lesson plans, classroom activities and educational resources for math teachers
Math and the Movies
- Site devoted to offering fun, yet challenging, lessons and activities in high school (and college level) mathematics and computer programming for students and teachers.
Math Central: a K-12 math education website
- Teaching resources, lesson plans for K-12 Canadian mathematics teachers, a question and answer service, and a mailing list for teachers.
Math Fact Cafe - Fact sheets for K-12
- K-12 Math Fact Sheets
Math Forum Discussion: Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE)
- Archives of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators discussion list.
Math Forum Discussion: geometry-college
- Geometry professors and instructors may keep abreast of issues in their profession at the geometry-college discussion list.
Math Forum Discussion: geometry-pre-college
- Discussions for K-12 geometry teachers.
Math Forum Discussion: k12.ed.math
- K-12 teachers of math may find helpful input at the K12.ed.math discussion list.
Math Forum Discussion: math-teach (formerly nctm-l)
- Math instructors interested in education reform may find helpful input at the math-teach (formerly NCTM-L) discussion list.
Math Forum Discussion: NCTM Standards 2000
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Standards 2000 project discussion group.
Math Forum Discussions: math.teaching.styles
- Math instructors interested in maintaining the highest quality of education may find helpful input at math.teaching.styles discussion list.
Math Forum Discussions: sci.math
- Instructors of general and advanced mathematics will find others who share their interests at the sci.math discussion list.
The Math Forum Teachers' Place
- Resources for teaching math at all levels.
The Math Forum's K-12 Geometry
- Includes classroom materials for teachers and students, software, interactive classroom exercises, internet projects, online resources, and related public forums.
Math Forum: Teacher2Teacher
- A question and answer service for teachers and parents who have questions about teaching math. T2T offers an archive of answers, pages of public discussions, and a form for submitting questions.
Math Number Puzzles
- 200 Math Number Puzzles, including arithmetic, rounding, fractions, decimals, algebra, multiplication, ratios, word problems, and order of operations.
- Includes word problems, online games, and interactive quizzes.
The Math Projects Journal
- A bimonthly publication offering tips and lesson plans for interactive math projects, discussions on relevant topics, and contributions from around the world. A free issue is available, and subscriptions are available in electronic or hardcopy format.
Math Squad: Create a Math Adventure
- Using art, writing, journals, research, computers, and the internet to make math class an exciting adventure. Includes free downloads and information about the members.
Mathematical Sciences Digital Library
- Online resources for both teachers and students of collegiate mathematics.
- Multimedia learning units on mathematical subjects (Algebra, Geometry, Functions, Limiting processes, Derivatives and other more advanced topics) for secondary school, highschool, college, and university
- Fantasy and real life posters designed for senior maths classes.
- A collection of resources for schools
- Based on a popular British television program, this web site for students age 7-10 provides an interactive way to learn and practice multiplication tables. Games, hints, and teaching suggestions are included. Visitors don't have to be familiar with the television series to enjoy and benefit from the site.
- Resources for teachers and students.
Millennium Mathematics Project
- A project to give support to mathematics education, and to make people of all ages and abilities more aware of the contribution of maths and its applications to their everyday lives
- Real-time video-conferencing for schools to allow projects to shared between schools and communication with mathematic professionals.
NCTM - Principles and Standards for School Mathematics
- Electronic edition
- Free resources to support maths teaching in schools - news, links and free downloads.
- Educational site, including Escher-like tessellations, 3D Polyhedral Papercraft Models of the 5 Platonic Solids, 3D images and educational goods
- For teachers of grades K-12. Each month, Mathline features a specific math topic, with an in-depth article, links to related resources, and daily facts related to the topic. PBS Mathline also offers an extensive professional development program.
Primary National Strategy
- UK government site supporting teachers and others working to improve standards in primary schools.
Problems with a Point
- Help students in grades 6-12 learn new mathematical ideas by building on old ones.
The Professor in a Syllabus
- Offers brief, animated, self-teaching modules in elementary algebra and arithmetic to use for home schooling, in classrooms, labs, business, distance-learning courses and tutoring
Project 2061 - Math Curriculum Materials Reports
- AAAS evaluation of the content and effectiveness of mathematics textbooks and related curriculum materials for middle school math.
- Videotape-and-workbook modules that explore basic topics in high school mathematics in ways that cannot be done at the chalkboard or in a textbook.
Pure Maths Notes
- Revision notes for A level students provided by Mike Cook.
- Math instructors interested in incorporating multimedia technologies in the classroom may find helpful input at math.teaching.technology discussion list.
- SGBox offers free math worksheets, similes quizzes, synonyms quizzes, Aesop's fables, study skills and tips, irregular verbs, information and news about Singapore Math and Science curriculum and Singapore education system
Songs for Learning, with Harry Guffee
- Songs to help children learn and remember important mathematical concepts. MP3 samples.
Suzanne's Math Lessons
- Teaching modules and resources on a variety of topics.
Teaching With Original Historical Sources in Mathematics
- Provides tips and reasons for providing historical math background to students in high school and beyond. Page includes discussion ideas, curriculum suggestions, and links to book publications. From the New Mexico State University.
- Providesy online tutorials for using TI Graphing Calculators in mathematics courses. Appropriate for the high school or college level.
TMW Media Group
- Educational videos for K-12, including a thirty-volume Basic Math series, Algebra series and Geometry series.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 1, 2014 at 5:54:04 UTC -