become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Slide_Rules
Recreation: Antiques: Medical and Scientific: Slide Rules
About Slide Rules
- Explains how to use the different scales to multiply and divide.
Basic Slide Rule Instructions
- Explains how to multiply, find cube and square roots and other operations. Includes illustrations.
Edwin Thacher's 1881 Slide Rule Patent
- Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 249117, dated November 1, 1881. Includes diagrams.
Eric's Introduction to the Slide Rule
- Slide rule resources and links.
History of the Slide Rule
- Basic facts involving the development of the slide rule. Includes diagrams and links to information on various types of slide rules.
How a Slide Rule Works
- Short lesson.
How To Make a Slide Rule (or Log-log or Semilog Graph Paper)
- Fairly simple instructions.
How to Use a Slide Rule as a Bicycle Gear Chart
- Slide rules are useful for doing gear calculations. Briefly describes a method for doing so.
Make Your Own Circular Slide Rule
- Templates, directions, and some links to other slide rule sites.
- A story about the use of a 6-inch Pickett "all-metal" slide rule (Model N 200-ES), with case.
Slide Rule Scales
- Describes the types of scales found on most slide rules.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:54:47 UTC -