become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Outreach
Science: Math: Education: Events
Science: Math: Recreations: Competitions
Centre for the Popularisation of Mathematics
- Aims to present mathematics to as wide as possible an audience and to give an impression of the objects of study, methodology, successes and applications, enjoyment, and the wider context of mathematics.
Committee for Raising Public Awareness of Mathematics (RPA)
- A committee of the European Mathematical Society. Members, articles.
Holgate Lectures for Schools and Colleges
- In 1997 the London Mathematical Society extended its provision of lectures at a popular level suitable for those in the 15 to 18 age group who may be considering mathematics for future study. The lectures are called Holgate Lectures in memory of Philip Holgate, who helped ensure the success of the Popular Lecture series.
Marcus' Marvellous Mathemagicians
- A group based in Oxford, led by Marcus du Sautoy: workshops, activities and talks about maths for a wide range of audiences.
- A travelling exhibition "Experiencing mathematics!" designed to show that mathematics is: astonishing, interesting and useful; accessible to everyone; plays a large part in daily life; and has an important role in our culture, development and progress.
- A network of Maths Busking performers and a business delivering training, school and entertainment services. UK based. Description and contact info.
Maths in the City
- Walking tours of London or Oxford, and mathematics hidden in cities around the world.
Millennium Mathematics Project (MMP)
- A national (UK) initiative based in Cambridge. Its broad goal is to help people of all ages and abilities share in the excitement of mathematics and understand the enormous range and importance of its applications to science and commerce. It aims to change people's attitudes to mathematics, to act as a national focus for renewing and improving appreciation of the dynamic importance of mathematics and its applications, and to demonstrate the vital contribution of mathematics to shaping the everyday world.
NRICH Online Maths Club
- Monthly on-line magazine, puzzles, articles, children's solutions to mathematical challenges, answering service and special interest discussion groups.
PASS - Public Awareness and Schools Support for Mathematics
- Online mathematics magazine covering a variety of math topics, published by the University of Cambridge.
Posters in the London Underground
- A sequence of posters designed at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences displayed month by month in London Underground trains during World Mathematical Year 2000.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 21, 2013 at 21:31:31 UTC -