become an editor
the entire directory
only in Chaos_and_Fractals/Chaos
Chaos and Fractals
This category in other languages:
A Beginner's Guide to Chaos
- Covers the geometric and complex iterative framework by comparing chaos to randomness. Includes illustrations and programs.
- Introduction To Chaos by Michael Cross. An online course at Caltech.
Chaos and the Solar System
- Article by Paul Trow about the development of the theory and its astronomic insights.
Chaos at Maryland
- Research group at the University of Maryland. Includes papers, gallery, database, abstracts, software, bibliography and contact.
- Introductory course on chaos from the California Institute of Technology, addressing basics, Lorenz attractor and Chua's Circuit. Includes program source code and bibliography.
The Chaos Game
- Outlines Barnsley's chaos game, in which a random number generator is used to produce various fractals.
The Chaos Hypertextbook
- Covering several aspects of the theory by topics, including nonlinear dynamics. Includes experiments for programmable calculators and definitions.
Chaos Research Group
- Interdisciplinary research group at the University of Tennessee concerned with deterministic nonlinear dynamic aspects. Includes overview, publications, bibliography, monographs, glossary and project information.
Chaos Theory for Beginners; an Introduction
- Brief introduction on attractors and disturbances, addressing the basics with examples.
Chaos: Making a New Science
- Excerpt from the bestseller that brought the forefront of research to public eye. Includes illustrations and links.
- Terminology glossary about complex systems and chaotic dynamics.
Continued Fractions and Chaos
- Scientific paper exploring some results of the theory of chaotic dynamical systems. Includes abstract, proceeding and references.
Emergence of Chaos
- Demonstrates how chaos emerges following a change in a parameter. Includes mathematical formulations and diagrams.
Nonlinear Science Group
- Research group on nonlinear dynamics and chaos at the George Mason University, U.S. Includes publications, activities and contact information.
Online Chaos Course
- Interactive, nontechnical introduction to chaos physics and chaotic motion in classical and quantum mechanics.
Quantum-like Chaos in Prime Number Distribution and in Turbulent Fluid Flows
- Paper concerned with the chaotic behavior of prime number distribution, by A. M. Selvam of the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology. [PDF]
- Discusses the order of deterministic chaos. Includes pictures and background about fractal dimensions.
- FAQs collection from the sci.nonlinear newsgroup. Addresses basics, tutorial, applications and computational resources.
Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and Life Sciences
- Brings together researchers, theoreticians and practitioners interested in applying dynamical systems theory. Includes membership information, publications, meetings, tutorials and other resources.
Wikipedia: Chaos Theory
- Free encyclopedia article describing the basics of the theory. Addresses mathematical, physical and historical aspects.
Yahoo Groups: Caostheory
- Discusses the theory and its applications in various fields, such as medicine, astronomy and art.
In the Wake of Chaos
- Short review of book exposing the actual philosophical implications of chaos theory. (December 10, 2001)
Usenet sci.nonlinear -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 30, 2014 at 10:55:29 UTC -