the entire directory
only in Math/Chaos_and_Fractals
Chaos and Fractals
Science: Math: Applications: Complex Systems
Science: Math: Differential Equations: Dynamical Systems
This category in other languages:
- An educational resource on the mathematical framework and formalism from the Yale University, covering the concept of self similarity. Includes topical examples, images, algorithms and software.
Mandelbrot, Benoit B.
- Founder of fractal geometry. Includes biography, vita, publications, interviews, and reviews.
3D Fractals Bicomplex Dynamics
- Resource on the bicomplex generalization of the Mandelbrot set. Includes scientific publications, illustrations, news and downloads.
- Shows how to create fractal mountains, three-dimensional Mandelbrot and Julia sets, convex, stellated and polyhedra. Includes pictures, plots and mathematical formulations.
- Images generated by different commercial applications. Includes FAQs and tutorial.
Chaos, Economics and Stock Markets
- Introduction to chaos, attractors and dynamic systems theory. Includes mathematical formulation, images and references.
Chaos, Fractals, and Arcadia
- Article on the mathematical ideas lurking in the background of Tom Stoppard's play Arcadia. Includes examples, illustrations and references.
The Dynamical Systems and Technology Project
- Educational resource from the Boston University. Includes mathematical framework and formulation, animated illustrations and calculation spreadsheets.
Efg's Computer Lab: Fractals and Chaos
- Software and information resource on the Mandelbrot set, geometrical explosion sets, and attractors. Includes diagrams and mathematical backgrounds.
Fractal Brownian Archipelago
- Shows how brownian motion can model the shape of coastlines. Includes interactive demonstration and a collection of island set.
- Easy to comprehend mathematical approach to understanding the significance of the applied study of fractals and attractors. Includes didactic examples and illustrations.
- Foundation with purpose of educating people about the mathematical theory and the interconnectedness of complex systems. Includes mission statement, mathematical framework, gallery and contact.
Fractals and Multi Layer Coloring Algorithms
- Scientific paper of the University of the Basque Country, Spain, addressing the mathematical aspects of multi layer colorization. Includes examples and references.
Fractals: The Beautiful Complex Patterns Generated by Simple Iterative Computations
- Outlines a general systems theory for chaos, quantum mechanics and gravity as applied to weather patterns. Includes illustrations, scientific publications and references.
Homepage of Kristian Gustavsson
- Weblog about the mathematical background of different sets and attractors in the complex plane. Includes downloadable generator and gallery.
- Index and definition of different attractors. Includes images, plots and glossary.
Images From Chaos
- Gallery of chaotic and complex systems and attractors from the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
Introduction to Lacunarity
- Analysis of the degree of gappiness of different sets. Includes mathematical aspects, results and publications.
Iterations and the Mandelbrot Set
- Discusses how differently the iterations behave depending on which portions the coefficients are plucked from. Includes basics, concept, formulations and references.
Julia and Mandelbrot Set Explorer
- Online navigator for various sets and attractors from the Clark University. Includes background and a short course on complex numbers.
Kleinian Groups Pictures
- Discusses the mathematical theory of Kleinian groups. Includes illustrations, examples, formalism and program source code.
The Mandelbrot and Julia Sets Anatomy
- Scientific publication about the anatomy of different sets and attractors and chaotic dynamics. Includes animated samples, articles and mathematical formulations.
Mathematical Figures Using Mathematica
- Collection of sets and attractors. Includes Mathematica source code, mathematical formulations and illustrations.
- Explains the basics of Sierpinski systems and other sets. Includes interactive example programs with source code.
The Modular Group and Fractals
- Explains the basics of fractals, Riemann Zeta, modular group gamma, Farey fractions and Minkowski question mark. Includes publications.
- Article about the basins of attraction for the Newton's method for finding roots of equations and their resulting representation in the complex plane. Includes mathematical framework and examples.
Quantum Jumps, EEQT and the Five Platonic Fractals
- Explains how quantum jumps generate new family of fractals on spherical canvas. Includes graphics in several formats, mathematical framework and bibliography.
- Focuses on the visualization of three dimensional attractors. Includes formula derivations and image galleries.
Tetrabrot Fractal Videos
- Collection of videos made by rotation, zooming, and cycling through the four-dimensional Tetrabrot sets. Includes basics, mathematical formulations and descriptions.
Wikipedia Category: Fractals
- Collection of encyclopedia articles about self-similar geometric objects with both aesthetical and scientific uses.
- Free encyclopedia article covering historical aspects and mathematical formulations. Includes two and three dimensional illustration sets.
The 3x+1 Fractal
- Abstract about paper that generalizes the Collatz problem to complex numbers. (June 01, 2004)
Usenet alt.binaries.pictures.fractals -
Usenet sci.fractals -
Chaos and Fractals
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 30, 2014 at 10:49:38 UTC -