become an editor
the entire directory
only in Information_Theory/Papers
Open Directory - Science: Math: Applications: Information Theory: Papers
A Mathematical Theory Of Communication
- Shannon's highly influential 1948 paper. [PDF]
The Computational Notion of Life
- Claus EMMECHE, 1994. This paper makes an interesting link between concepts of computation, cellular automata and the definition of the concept of information.
Does the Universe in Fact Contain Almost No Information?
- A controversial paper by Max Tegmark suggesting that the algorithmic information content of the universe as a whole is close to zero.
Entropy and Information
- A 306 page online book in PDF format by Robert M. Gray of Stanford University.
How Many Bytes in Human Memory
- A 1988 paper by Ralph C. Merkle.
Publications ( Moshe Sipper )
- Interesting papers on evolutionary computation and on computation in artificially evolved, non-uniform cellular automata.
Quantum Algorithmic Information Theory
- An agenda of quantum algorithmic information theory, ordered `top-down' by Karl Svozil : the quantum halting amplitude, followed by the quantum algorithmic information content, which in turn requires the theory of quantum computation.
The Quantum Theory of Ur-Objects as a Theory of Information
- Here the quantum theory of ur-objects proposed by C. F. von Weizsaecker is reviewed, and the philosophical consequences of its interpretation as an information theory are demonstrated by means of some important concepts of physics such as time, space, entropy, energy, and matter, which in ur theory appear to be directly connected with information as ''the'' fundamental substance.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics
- A rather puzzling article by Brig Klyce about entropy with references to living systems from the point of view of thermodynamics and information theory.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 13:24:06 UTC -