become an editor
the entire directory
only in Applications/Information_Theory
Computers: Computer Science: Theoretical
Science: Math: Applications: Complex Systems
Algorithmic Information Theory
- Open problems and links to software.
Basics of Information Theory
- A brief introduction to information theory by David S. Touretzky of Carnegie Mellon University.
The Classic Definition of Information
- From the Web Dictionary of Cybernetics and Systems.
A Discipline Independent Definition of Information
- An article about some sides of Information Theory written by Robert M. Losee. Also there is link to pdf-version of article.
Entropy on the World Wide Web
- A collection of links to on-line expository articles on entropy and theory of information, maintained by Roland Gunesch (University of Hamburg).
- Wikipedia article on this branch of applied mathematics and electrical engineering involving the quantification of information.
Information Theory and Music
- An article on this subject. Definition of information theory, probability and Markov chains.
Information Theory Resources
- Small collection of links about Information Theory and Claude Shannon.
Introduction To Algorithmic Information Theory
- An introduction to the synthesis of computation and information theory by Nick Szabo.
Linear Complexity: A Literature Survey
- The linear complexity (LC) of a sequence is the size in bits of the shortest linear feedback shift register (LFSR) which can produce that sequence. The measure speaks to the difficulty of generating, and perhaps analyzing, a particular sequence.
Organs of Computation
- A Talk With Steven Pinker.
Remembering Claude Shannon
- Describes the development of information theory and Claude Shannon's contribution to the field.
A Short Course in Information Theory
- Eight lectures on information theory by David MacKay.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2015 at 15:24:10 UTC -