become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cryptography/Historical
Computers: Hardware: Historical: Colossus
Science: Math: History
Society: History: By Topic: Wars and Conflicts
Andy's Enigmatic Web Page
- Download an Enigma emulator for Windows
Cipher Machines and Cryptology
- Contains historical and technical information about crypto machines and cryptology, with links to free software simulations and tools provided. Links are also provided to related external websites.
- News, views, research and reviews of historical ciphers in fiction and non-fiction.
- Photos, manuals, and other information about the German Enigma, the M-209, and other old encryption machines.
A Cryptographic Compendium
- Discusses the types of cipher systems that have been used in the past. Page includes illustrations and tables. Written by John Savard.
Cryptography Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
- This cryptography tutorial book is a collection of notes and sample codes written by the author while he was learning cryptography technologies himself. Topics include blowfish, certificate, cipher, decryption, DES, digest, encryption, keytool, MD5, OpenSSL, PEM, PKCS#8, PKCS#12, private key, public key, RSA, secret key, SHA1, SSL, X.509.
Enigma Cipher Machine by Tony Sale
- Explains how the device enciphers letters, background history, components of the machine, and military adaptation by the Germans. Also, includes information about Turing and Polish mathematicians contribution in breaking the code.
History of Cryptography and Secrecy Systems
- A historical overview of early cryptographic techniques.
USS Pampanito - ECM Mark II
- What was the ECM Mk II and why was it important.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 8, 2012 at 11:54:40 UTC -